Chapter Two

I opened my eyes, but I could not see very well. I rubbed my eyes a few times, but it caused more irritation. I was devastated because I had to wait until I fully regained my vision. I could tell that it was dark because I could see silhouettes, and outlines of various shapes. I also knew that I was laying on something soft. I felt around more, and I immediately figured out that I was on a bed. I slowly sat up, and looked around further. It took me several minutes to try and make out what was in the room. I blinked frequently in hopes that my vision would somehow get better, but to my disadvantage, it did not.

"Had a nice rest, sweetheart," a deep and sultry voice said from the darkest part of the room.

I became incredibly frightened and could not determine whether to answer or not. I thought to myself about how this could possibly be happening. This could not be real.

You are only dreaming.

You just need to wake up.

Wake up, wake up, wake up, WAKE UP!

Unfortunately, this was not a dream. This was reality. This was my new reality.

"What? Has a cat got your tongue," the same voice asked.

"I-I... Who are you," I croaked.

"Hmm... Let's just say that I am your worst nightmare," the voice replied.

His last response repeatedly sounded in my mind. I processed, and processed some more of what he had just said. The fear in me gradually vanquished, and I swiftly became angry, and frustrated.

This is not the first time I have felt like I was living in a nightmare. If anything, I have always been living a nightmare.

"You are way too late to be my worst nightmare. I have been living a nightmare for most of my life." I replied stoically.

I immediately hopped off of the bed, and tried standing up. It took a moment to regain my balance, but I eventually was able to stand upright. I somewhat stumbled through the dark to try to find an exit. I successfully walked to the other side of the bed, but I harshly bumped into a wall.

Wait. Walls do not smell like expensive cologne or breathe.

Oh shit.

"Going somewhere?"

"Uh...," I hesitated.

A moment passed.

"No. I think I will just stay here and wait for the sweet release of death," I said sarcastically.

Actually, am I going to die?

Well, I probably will die. I know that more than three-quarters of teenagers die within the first few hours of being kidnapped. That being said, I might as well chill until it happens.

I never really enjoyed life anyways.

"Ha ha ha. You are funny. I think I like you," the deep, menacing voice said.

"Oh. I mean... I try. Wait. What?"

"I think you are supposed to say thank you when a person compliments you."

"So are you going to kill me or not," I asked confused.

"Because girls say 'so are you going to kill me or not' after being complimented."

"I am being serious," I said becoming slightly annoyed.

"So am I," the voice replied back.

I am getting nowhere with this conversation.