Chapter Sixteen

" What I-I'm the father, you're pregnant?!"

" Yes, I'm pregnant. You raped me remember? I am pregnant with your child."

     He brushed his jet black hair back with his fingers and started shuffling as if someone just gave him the news that he won the lottery.

" I'm going to be a dad," he asked cheerfully.

     Oh boy, I'm not sure if this runs in the family, but he seemed to be just as happy as Tristan when I told him the news. I rubbed my temples as my head began to ache because he wasn't comprehending what I just said.

" Yes, you're the dad. Guess what though, you're never going to see him because Tristan, your brother, is going to raise him."

" Whoa, wait. Did you say my younger brother is going to raise my child.?"

" Basically."

" No, that can't be. I can''t believe I let this happen."

" You can't believe what happened," I asked suddenly confused.

" I-I want to explain, but you wouldn't understand."

" Why not? How would you even know?"

" You, you just wouldn't."

" Try me."

 " I don't know. Okay fine. At one point- no, Well I am- Oh fuck," he exclaimed frustrated.

" Fine, you don't have to tell me. But just calm down. Whatever it is I'm sure there'll be a time where you can tell me. I'm just going to wake up now, and just go-"

" No! I don't want you to leave," he quickly said.

     After realizing what he had just said he put his head down in embarrassment and whispered something I could just barely hear.

" I don't want you to go, I don't want to lose you. Again."

     I was shocked, confused, bewildered and utterly speechless. What did he mean lose me again? I thought he hated my guts. I mean all of those nightmares and the way he's been treating me was horrible and I even tried to kill him! What was he trying to say to me because I'm sure as hell not going anywhere now. Not until he tells me why he doesn't want to lose me, and again.

" What do you mean again?"

" I-I-I... I'm in love with you. I always have been. I love you now. I loved you when you were in my palace an-and you were talking about your mother and how she loved my chandelier.... and back in 1878," he said the last part softly.

     So softly I wasn't even sure if I imagined him saying 1878. I was now more confused than ever before in my whole life. Why isn't any of this making sense. I feel like Alice right when she flopped into Wonderland. 

" What do you even mean? What do you mean you were in love with me in 1878? I was born in 1995. December 26th 1995. My birthday is in a week, I'm turning eighteen. I can't be two-hundred-and-something, I don't know a million years old, that's impossible!"

" one-hundred fifty-two."

" What?"

" You would be a hundred fifty-two years old right now.You wouldn't be two-hundred-and-something, I don't know a million years old," he explained calmly. " And you're right, you are about to be eighteen, but the person you were once before would be one-hundred fifty two right now."