Samantha- just another day

Looking up at the clock as it read 11:58pm I signed quietly to myself. I stood not to far from the vanity in which some other maids were doing her hair. It was a rather long process but even longer when it wasn't up to her satisfaction.

"What did I tell you Loren the curlers go the other way. Are you trying to make me look ugly for the prince?" She asked the maid working on her hair. That was Princess Sofia. In my opinion she was a complete spoiled brat that had absolutely no niceness in her bones. She always had things handed to her and never said a simple thank you in return.

"No I'm not ,I'm sorry your highness "Loren said just loud enough for Sofia to here. I watched Sofia roll her eyes in the mirror."you can't do anything right" Sofia told her. You could hear the attitude in her Sofia's voice. Loren continued to curl her hair as she then decided to stay quiet.

As for me I've been working here in the castle for quite some time. At first I was working for the queen. She was way better then working for Sofia.she was much more kinder and sweet. But when she got pregnant and had Sofia I was moved to help with the ungrateful princess.

But not all my time here in the castle had been a total waste. I was able to make some friends like my best friend Natalie. She came to the castle along the same time I did. We got to work for the queen together before I was moved.  She's my best friend here in the castle and one of the only people that I'm really close with.

When we heard the news that's prince was coming I guess you can say I became rather curious.  I mean the only royals I've ever met were the royals that I've worked for. I got to wondering as to what he was like. Since seeing Sofia I could only assume that all royal children were nothing but stuck up Royal spoiled children.

Today was the big day in which the prince was to come. Over the past few weeks everyone here has been in full working mode. From getting up at 5am all the to staying up to get everything done. The castle looked absolutely spot less. There was just a few last minute touches that needed to get done.

"I'm all done" Loren said as she took a step back from the vanity. Sofia got up without a simple thank you and went over to her closet to decide on what to wear. She pulled out a rather royal blue dress that fell to the floor. Of course it was covered in a few crystals.  The other dress was similar to the blue one except it showed a little bit more cleavage. "Which dress?"  She asked as she held them out.

I took a look at each dress and study's them before I decide to say"the blue one your majesty " she looked at the blue one before she rolled her eyes."I think I'm going with the red one." I heard her say. Yet she continued to look at me."what are you waiting for? Hang up the dress" she said

I held back rolling my eyes before I went and got the blue dress from her hands. From there I took it and hung it back in the closet. Once that was all done I helped Sofia get into her dress.

The second we got the dress on there was a knock on the door before the door knob turned and the door opened. It was her mother,the queen, that opened the door."he's here" she said rather calmly. Great another snobby Royal brat I thought to myself.

Sofia placed a smile on her face as she dusted off her dress. She looked at herself in the mirror one last time."coming mother" she said before she turned on her heels and made her way to the door and walked right out. Her mother followed behind her before she closed the door.

Now it was just Loren and I in the princess room. It was a lot more quieter but I definitely wasn't complaining about that. However it was for long as I heard the faint sound of Lorena snickering. Curious of what was so funny I simply asked "what's so funny?" Loren turned to me as she then  slowly stopped snickering."it's a good thing her dress is long otherwise the prince would get a look at her feet"

It was then that my eyes widen. Her shoes! How did we forget that. I turned to the pile of shoes before picking out some red high heels and made my way to the door. I opened it and ran down the hallway as quickly as I could.

I got to the stairs and started going down the stairs. I looked up for just a second only to see the king,queen,Sofia and two other guy's. Judging by the look of the two boys they were definitely around Sofia's and i's age.

However I wasn't prepared for what was going to happen next. In the mix of rushing down the stairs and not looking as to where I was stepping I completely missed a stair.  I then felt my body loose it balance before I slowly fell back and took a tumble down the remaining stairs. How graceful of a entrance I made.

When I looked up I saw  that all eyes were on me. The queen and king looked rather concern.Sofia didn't look like she cared as she rolled her eyes. One of the guys snickered but that ended as the other guy nudged him in his side.

It was then that the guy came right over to me. His steps echoed due to the marble of the floor. He then held his hand out for me to take."are you alright?"  He asked. He seemed rather concerned about my rather graceful tumble down the stairs.

I stayed quiet for a few seconds searching for the right words before I snapped back into reality. I placed my hand into his as I then got up with his help"yea, I'm alright " I said quietly as we looked at each other. For a second our eyes met as we were quiet.

"What's your name?" The guy the asked as we stood there looking at one another. I opened my mouth to speak but before I said anything I felt the shoes get snatched out of my hand" she's no one of importance " Sofia said with a smile. She then wrapped her arm and his causing his hand out of mine."Let me show you around " she said rather cheerfully as she pulled him with him.

I watched the two walk off and as they did Sofia turned around and gave me a rather dirty look. I could tell she was upset with me but honestly I could care less about her. The only  question that was in my mind was:

Who is that guy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay another chapter done!
You guys have shown a lot of support for the book so I decided to thank you guys by adding another chapter:)
Thanks so much for the reads,votes,share and support.
Until next time
-A