Chapter 1

"After thinking happy thoughts all three of us were lifted into the air. Possibilities were endless, everything that was considered imagination was reality."

"Nana, but who took you?"

 "Hazel, it.."

"I know!" 

My grandmother grins.

"Yes darlying." She cocks her head.

"Peter pan!"

" Yes Hazel, and we flew to Neverland!"

I use to dream about going to Neverland ever since she told me the story.

~

"We finally come home safe and sound waving good bye to Peter."

Everyone, including the adults starte to clap. 

Every grandchild knew that when they reached the age of ten a secret was to be told be Nana.

"Nana, Nana, Nana you promised I would learn the secret Nana, you promised!"

"Hazel dear I'm actually not quite sure if you're ready for this I don't..."

"Nana you promised!"

"Well, all right Hazel."

While everyone leaves the living room my grandmother scoots closer to me.

"Now listen Hazel.. Peter was a monster. He almost took my child away from me. I thought we'd never leave Hazel... Please don't get upset with me."

"You're lying Nana, that's exactly what the older boys told me." I get frustrated and start pouting.

"Hazel..they're right. They might not believe anymore but everything is very much real and you can't..believe.. I'm sorry..I'm sorry I lied."

"No! You just don't want me to leave to go to Neverland you want the adventure all to yourself."

 Tears spill from my eyes while I run to the guest room, which was Nana Wendy's room. I locked the door and continued to sob until I realized. What if Nana actually wanted me to believe more and this was a test. I had to at least try. I light up all of the old candles and sit in the middle of the room just believing. Just believing that I would leave this place leave to go with Peter. To see Neverland.

I open my eyes to see a shadow. It was scary. It was just a dark figure and it looked at me with disgust.

"Let me fly! Please! I want an adventure!"

Then it shook its head with a no and it flew away.

I soon here the door being opened,with a click of a key.

"Hazel, what have you done?" Nana says in her accent.

"I just wanted to.. Oh Nana, I'm sorry. I promise I'll never do it again." 

I start bawling my eyes out knowing that I've done something horrible.

"Come here Hazel," she gives me a warm hug and makes me look up to her with her finger.

"I told you he's the bloody devil.I love you Hazel, I just want you to be safe, okay?

I nod with a small smile.

*6 years later*