e i g h t e e n

//Rita//

*at family reunion*

I was sitting at one of the tables and because it was in a big house, they had around 7 tables set up. Everyone was talking, especially the parents, older cousins, aunts and uncles, the older people in the family. I honestly didn't want to be here so I was just on my phone. I heard a plop while on my phone. Who ever sat down started to go crazy and shake the whole table, which made me mad. "What the hell?! What's your problem??" I asked not looking to see who it was. "I have a lot." I heard a familiar voice so I looked up to see Matthew. "Um." I said not knowing what to say.

"Um what??" He asked me, slightly laughing. "N-nothing" I said stuttering for some reason. I picked up my phone off of the table,my purse off of the chair and went outside and sat in the car waiting for that stupid thing to be over.

I got a text from my mom that asked where I was so I told her I was in the car, waiting. She said okay and I heard the door open. "What do you want??" I asked looking over at Matthew. I was sorta tired so I didn't want to deal with his stuff right now so I went in the passenger seat of the car. I grabbed the blanket out of the back seat I always kept back there since I sleep a lot, and layed down. I heard Matt move closer to me and played with my hair. I took out the pony tail I had did during the event and layed back down. I started to fall asleep while Matt was playing with my hair and then heard the doors from the house open. "Get in the back baby girl. " I mom said opening the door. I got out and went in the back and sat there, half asleep. Matt's family drove in a different car so they didn't have to be in ours.

"You tired baby girl??" I heard a whisper coming from the side of me. I slowly nodded yes and layed my head in Matt's lap. He started to play with my hair making me fall asleep.

//Matthew//

As Rita layed her head on my lap, I played with her hair watching her eyes slowly shut. Her hair was soft and smelt really good. I missed her laying on me, asleep.