"Day One"

-a few days later-

I slip on the plain black dress I laid out last night. I've been in a daze since everything happened, I've barely left my room. Jacob comes in a few times a day to bring me something to eat. I haven't touched any of it. He just throws it away when he comes to bring more. He's tried to comfort me a few times, but I just nod or don't respond. I guess that's how I grieve. I push people away.

I walk in to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I look horrible, which isn't a surprise given the situation. I brush my hair and plug in my curling wand. I begin applying light makeup consisting of concealer, liquid foundation, setting powder, blush, and mascara. I then curl my hair into loose waves. Once I'm done, I slip on my black wedges and grab my phone. I haven't been on it at all. I see I have a ton of Twitter and Instagram mentions. How do people know who I am? I tap on the blue icon to Twitter. After scrolling through the long list, I finally get to the first one.

@JacobSartorius Please pray for @MeredithXXOO She really needs it

Ohhhh! So all of the mentions are from Jacob's fans. That's really sweet of them. I start reading some of them, only to find most of them aren't sweet at all.

@JacobIsMine who are you dumb bitch get away from my bae

@JacobLover123 you are ugly stay away from my man

@SartoriusIsLife how do you know Jacob? you are a worthless nobody. Your wasted space. stay away from jacob. He deserves better

What the actual hell is wrong with people? They don't even know what's going on, and they are trying to fight me? Some people need to grow up. I'm so mad. I'm going to tweet them back!

@MeredithXXOO so for all the dumb little bitchy eight year olds trying to fight me, my mom killed herself and my brother was murdered and Jacob was trying to be nice. And if you think saying "stay away from my man" is going to do anything, it won't. I live with him (and we aren't dating thx for asking oh wait you didn't you assumed). Love you guys ;)

I'm such a savage! Did I turn off the curling wand? I decide to go check because I didn't want to burn down my caretakers house. I swing open the door to see Jacob. I scream at the top of my lungs and cover my eyes.

"OH MY GENIES IM SORRY!" I shout backing out of the bathroom. I slam the door shut and hear Jacob awkwardly laughing. This Jack and Jill bathroom set up thing kinda sucks.

"LOCK THE DOOR NEXT TIME!" I say, laughing.

"MY BAD!" He says back.

"Turn off my iron please." I ask him.

He comes into my room and I look at him, smiling.

"It's good to see you smile."

I just look done at my lap and say nothing.

"We should probably go downstairs now," I sigh.

We leave the room and go downstairs.

"You two look nice." Mrs. Sartorius tells us, looking sad.

She's right. Jacob was wearing a charcoal gray button up shirt and a black blazer. He cleans up nice.

We all get in the car and head to the funeral home. Before we even get there, I feel tears brimming my eyes. I'm going to miss my mom a lot. She was my anchor. I won't miss my brother that much but whatever. I walk into the place and it smells strange. Like those little grandma candies and windex. A person guides us into the little room. Everything after that is a blur. I saw my mom laying there in the casket and my little brother next to her. I shake hands with people, telling me they are sorry for my loss. This is the town my mom grew up in so a lot of people who knew her came. I don't have much family, just Aunt Mindy. Everyone else is either crazy like my dad or dead. Well, to be fair Aunt Mindy is crazy too. We sang some songs and I just cried. I hardly remember anything else. All I know is that we are going to where they are being buried and my mascara is smudged all over my face. A few minutes later, the preacher stands and says something about Heaven and lose. I'm listening. I'm never going to get to see her face or hear her voice ever again. I bawl as Jacob pulls me into his arms. They lower the coffins into the ground. Everyone says they are sorry or pats me on the back. I don't think I'll ever be okay. As soon as we get home, I start running up the stairs to go back into my room.