You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter One

Начните с самого начала

I shook my head, “Deal, and it’s okay, I understand.” Did the whole he has to be with me at all times mean that he won’t let me be alone with Becca? “I need to talk to her alone though, you know that right?” Lewis groaned. “Nothing is going to happen to me at her house.”

“Fine. You’re so stubborn now,” he said, smiling playfully.

We arrived at Becca’s and there was a police car in front of it with two officers inside.  Lewis held my hand, looking around as we walked up the path to the front door. Did Lewis really think Clover would just stroll along the road?

Waiting for her to open the door felt like hours. She was probably panicking, her family comforting her and promising her all the things my family promised me.  We both knew Clover better than anyone else in the world though.

“Summer?” Jack, Becca’s brother said, his eyes wide in shock. I guess he wasn’t expecting me. “Come in. Becca’s shut herself in her room, maybe you can get her to talk?” he asked hopefully, rubbing his forehead. I nodded and let go of Lewis’ hand as I started walking up the wooden staircase.

I knocked on the door timidly, not wanting to create a loud noise and scare her. “I don’t want to talk,” she shouted through the door.

“It’s Summer. Let me in.” There was a rustling sound and then the door opened. “Hi.”

Becca smiled a sad half smile and gestured for me to go in. We both sat down on her dark red quilt and faced each other. “Are you okay?” I stupidly asked her.

She shook her head and blinked furiously, trying not to cry. “I don’t want to go back there.”

Grabbing her hands, I squeezed tight. “Becca, we let him get away with it before but we’re not going to this time. If we don’t allow him to control us then he has no power.”

“What?”

I sighed, “We did nothing before because we were scared but the situation’s different this time. We’re not in his house; it’s not on his terms. He has nothing now. We can beat him but we have to do it together.”

“So, when he comes back you want to what? Kill him?” I nodded. It was simple; he wasn’t going to leave us alone so we would have to finish it. “How? We can’t!”

“Yes we can. If it’s a choice between going back with him and killing him, I know what I choose.” I watched her frown deepen as she considered what I’d said. “You said yourself that you don’t want to go back there, Becca. What other choice do we have?”

“I don’t know. I don’t think I could kill him. I wouldn’t even know how. Couldn’t we just trap him or something?”

My mouth dropped open. Why hadn’t I thought of that? “Lock him in the cellar. Let him see how it feels to be stuck down there.”

“Summer!” Becca exclaimed, her eyes wide in shock. “Come on, how would we even get him there?” I noticed that she wasn’t actually opposed to the idea, she just wasn’t sure if we would be able to achieve it.

“We could easily do it...if we were there too.” She opened her mouth to argue but I held my hand up, silencing her. “We’ll lead him to the cellar and lock him in it.” As soon as I said it I had doubts. Was I being crazy? Should we just let the police deal with him? That didn’t really seem enough though; him being in prison or some hospital isn’t enough punishment for what he did to us. He murdered Louise and so many others. Rose killed herself because of him. A few hours, or for as long as we can get away with it, locked in the same place he kept so many other girls was nothing compared to what we went through.