Rosie turned to Severus with a mischievous grin. "Sevvy, where's my hug?" she asked with a pout and puppy dog eyes, her arms wide open for a hug.

"No, not the puppy dog eyes, anything but the puppy dog eyes," he groaned while covering his eyes with his hands.

Crossing her arms, she replied, "I haven't seen you all summer, and you barely wrote me, I think I deserve a hug."

"Ok, fine," he sighed and gave her a tight hug, a smile slowly forming its way onto his face.

"Ooh. Before I forget, my mum and I got you some presents over the summer," she rushed, unwrapping her arms from around Severus as she reached into her black bag, fumbling for the box.

"You didn't have to get me anything," he frowned.

"We insist," Rosie said as she handed him the neatly wrapped box with a large smile on her face.

"I also baked a ton of cookies before I left, and my mum made you guys some chocolate fudge too," she told Lily and Severusl the former noticeably perked up at the mention of cookies and fudge. Before she could even ask, Rosie tossed her a small container with cookies and fudge packed inside. "Specially packed for you," she winked. Lily smiled at Rosie with gratitude before eagerly opening the container and stuffing a fudge square in her mouth.

Whatever Elizabeth Winters put in her fudge was magical.

"No way! How did you get this?" Severus remarked in wonder, holding the gifted book in his hand. The book was a limited edition signed copy of Advanced Potion-Making.

"By the way, if the rest of the gift still matters to you, there's a set of robes and a container of cookies and fudge in there as well," Rosie reminded him as he nodded and excitedly flipped through the pages of the book. He suddenly whipped his head up and embraced her into a tight hug.

"Thank you so much," he expressed, his voice muffled in her long hair.

"No problem, Severus," she giggled, patting his back. "Oh, if you find a hairbrush in there, it's from my mum, she reckons that you just need a good brush."

Severus blushed bright red and sunk back into his seat, a large smile still plastered onto his face. The sight warmed Rosie's heart. The dark-haired boy held a special place in her heart — not just because he was one of her first friends, but also because of how she could always confide in him. 

In Rosie's second year, after she received an extremely upsetting letter from her parents, who were on the brink of a divorce, she found solace in Severus. He spent his entire afternoon and even missed his two favorite classes - DADA and Potions - to comfort her. It was then when he told her about his own family issues and reassured her that no matter what, he would always be there for her.

After that, Rosie made sure to take care of Severus when she could, which is why it saddened her that he was starting to spend more and more time with some Slytherins. 

Rosie was never one for house prejudice — she believes that everyone is equal and their house doesn't define them automatically. But, it was well-known that some prejudiced Slytherins have been dabbling in the Dark Arts, and it terrified Rosie that her close friend may be falling into their footsteps.

As she watched Severus admire the book and Lily practically inhale her cookies, Rosie shook away the thoughts and shut her eyes.

--

"Rosie, Rosie, Rosieee," Lily called to Rosie, waking her from her sleep. The barely conscious girl groaned and turned over on the seat. "We're almost there, c'mon," Lily whined, poking Rosie on her side, causing her to jerk up in shock and hit the person closest to her in the face. That person was Severus.