Chapter One

Hi I'm Kendall. I am 12 and an orphan. No one wants and teen so it's my last year at the orphanage. If no one wants me I will be a word of the state. I don't want to be a word of the state. The sound of it scares me. My counselor says I am coming to my last few weeks. It is September my birthday is in October. Well October 1st to be precise. I will miss the orphanage. I will have a home soon. I hope they are nice. I have been to 15 different homes. This will be my 16th home. I could tell you stories about the houses but that would take a long time. I will talk about my favorite one. So I was 4 years old and this really nice lady took a big interest in me. She took me home. 2 days later the lady picked me up and took me out the door. She took me back here. She always comes for me. The lady always takes me out for breakfast and takes me out to play and other fun stuff. She says I won't be here for long. Today she is in the lobby. I walk out the door to see the lady. The worker rushes me back inside. But the lady looks up and calls me over. "Hi Kendall." She says in a sweet voice. "Hi Miss Lola." I say looking happy and getting in the chair next to her. "Remember when I said you wouldn't be here long after our last visit?" Miss Lola asks. "Yes I do, I was very confused but you have the papers to put me in your custatie."I say looking a the clipboard in her lap. "Yes you will have a big sister as well." She replies with a soft smile. "So I call you mom now?" I ask. "Why not it is a good habit it have." My new mom says. "Ok mom." I say with a small giggle. She giggles too and writes more information. She give the papers and we get in her car and drive up to her house. It isn't the same house I saw when I was with her the last time I lived with her. "Kendall I see you are in awh." Mom says. "Yeah I never saw a house this big." I say. "Mom where is she!" I hear an excited voice say. "Mackenzie calm down." I hear a man say this time. "Mack, Kendall is a little scared calm down." Mom says. "Who says?" I ask. "I am not scared at all." I run to hug my new sister. "Kendall!" she yells hugging me. Mackenzie picks me up and spins me around. We both fall in the grass laughing. "Alright girls let's go inside." Our mom says. "Aw ok." I say running inside. "Kendall wait up!" Mackenzie calls. "Ok!" Call waiting at the top of the stairs. "Race you to my room." I say. "Ok challenge accepted." Mack says. "Ready GO!" I yell running ahead of her by a few inches. I touch the door first. "I win!" I say jumping up and down. "Yeah I let you win." Mack. "Pft yeah right." I say walking inside. "I think I just died." I say jumping back first on my new bed. "Aw you just got her." Mackenzie says sitting on a chair next to the bed. I both laugh. "Hey you want to meet my friends? We are all going to the mall today." Mackenzie asks. "Sure. Jojo, Maddie, Nia, and Kalani, right?" I say and ask. "You're a quick learner." Mackenzie says with a laugh. "Thanks." I say laughing too. We walk outside the house where Mackenzie's friends are waiting. "Hey Kenzie!" an blonde hair girl with a big white bow calls. "Hey Jojo!" Mackenzie calls running to greet all of them. "Who is this?" Asks another blonde. "This is Kendall. My little sister." Kenzie says pointing at me. "Hi as Mackenzie just said I am Kendall." I say happily.