Ch.1

Ch.1

"Today at 2PM in the middle of Seoul, a 32-year old Joon Eul Dong was killed with a-"

"That's so sad" She commented as her best friend, Jineul, walked in.

"I know. I feel sorry for her family"

"Joon Eul Dong was visiting her older sister in Seoul. She-"

Not wanting to hear the rest, she turned the TV off. She hated watching the news, especially when it involved things like that.

"Yah, Siyeon, why did you turn it off?" Jineul asked. Unlike her friend, Jineul found the news interesting. She always watched them and she loved discussing about them with other people. Mostly elders, because she thinks they know the most.

"We have a birthday party to go to remember? And you know why I don't like to see things like this" Siyeon reminded her.

"Sorry, I forgot. I'll go and change my clothes" Jineul said and went to her bedroom, while the other girl took her phone and looked what's new.

Shin Hoseok is under arrest for a murder of a 26-year old Seo Gab Soo who wa-

"You ready?" Jineul appeared in front of her face. "What are you reading?"

"Nothing" She shook her head, still a little shocked that her friend changed so fast. "Let's go"

"Jaehyun and Mark will pick us up"

"Jaehyunnie?" She asked with a teasing smile. She loved teasing her because she liked their close friend, Jung Jaehyun. Many girls liked him, because he was handsome, nice and talented, but she never had any feelings for him.

"Stop" She hit her arm lightly and blushed.

"Just don't be too obvious about it. Mark already knows" She said while locking the door.

"Did you tell him?"

"No, he found out. I mean, you would blush whenever Jaehyun smiled. It was obvious. Oh, here they are!" She exclaimed as she saw the black car outside of their apartment.

"Hey" Mark got out and smiled at them. "Let's go, we're late already"

They met Mark and Jaehyun on English classes and they became really close. Since Mark is from Canada, he is very good at English, unlike the two of them. They both sucked at it. Jaehyun was pure Korean, but he lived in America for 4 years, so he was good too.

"Hey girls" Jaehyun smiled as soon as they got in. They greeted him and sat down. Jineul sat on the passenger seat while Mark and Siyeon sat at the back.

"She is already blushing" Mark whispered.

"I know. I told her not to be too obvious about it tho"

"Failed" They laughed quietly.

"Anyways, have you watched the news today?" He suddenly asked.

"Yeah, I did. Watching news makes me feel old" She joked. "It's sad"

"Yeah. Many people are being killied these days. My mom was scared to let me go at first, but I told her I will be with you guys"

"Your mom seems to care a lot" She said with a sad smile. They talked during the whole ride, while the two at the front kept quiet. After 15 minutes of driving, Jaehyun informed them that they arrived.

While walking inside, they agreed on meeting outside at 9PM so they could go home together. The party was held until midnight, but they didn't want to stay for that long. After a short conversation, they separated and went different ways. Mark went to his friend Ten, who was the owner of the house, while Jaehyun went to his group of friends who were sitting outside and eating. The other two went to get the drinks first. They didn't know many people there because they rarely go to parties. Only the smaller ones, like this one. They began a casual conversation, until a familiar face appeared.

''Hey Doyoung'' They greeted happily. Kim Doyoung was their friend for a long time. They met thanks to Jaehyun since he is a part of their little group. Siyeon found Doyoung funny and interesting, unlike Jineul (and many others) who thought he was boring.

But everyone that day just had to talk about the news.

''You girls should pay attention while going out. I watched the news this morning and it's really scary. Be careful, creepy guys are everywhere''

Jineul and him talked about it, while she decided to stay quiet and only nod when being asked. She didn't like the topic at all. After a while, she went out while holding a glass of apple juice. She hated alchohol. She was sitting on the grass, enjoying her drink until someone sat beside her.

''Hello pretty'' She turned around and saw a guy holding a bottle of beer. She was about to leave when he grabbed her hand. She rolled her eyes and looked down at him, since he was still sitting.

''What do you want?'' The cold stare was just a mask - she was really scared inside.

"Playing hard to get huh?"

"Let me go" She said and tried to remove her hand from his, but his grip was too tight. Her hand started to hurt and she knew he was enjoying her pain by the amused look in his eyes. All of a sudden, he pulled her so she landed on top of him. She didn't stay long in that position because someone pulled her up.

"Who the hell you think you are to touch her?" By his voice, she realized it's Jaehyun. The guy got up and smirked before walking away. She stared at his back with pained expression.

''Does it hurt?'' He asked worried while holding her hand and caressing it.

She shook her head and gave him a small smile, preparing ti lie.

"I'm fine. I don't want to stay here"

"I will take yo-"

"I'll take a bus, it's okay" She didn't want to bother him anymore, she was still embarrassed from what happened earlier.

"What's going on here?" Jineul appeared out of nowhere with her arms crossed.

"Some guy wanted to hurt her, so I helped her. Nothing to be jealous of" He turned to look at Siyeon. "I'll take you home now. See you Ji"

She mouthed an apology to her best friend and let herself be dragged by him. There was no point in stopping him, he wouldn't listen anyways. The drive to her apartment was silent, none of them spoke. She was thinking about how to explain all of that to Jineul, while he was just paying attention at the road.

"Thanks for the ride and sorry for causing trouble to you" She said when they arrived.

"It's okay, don't worry about it'' He smiled warmly. She was about to open the door when she remembered something.

''Oh and about Ji-''

He cut her off by kissing her cheek. She stared at him wide-eyed, suprised by his actions.

"Bye" She quickly got out and ran away. She quickly unlocked the door and walked in. She stared through the window, waiting for him to go as she held her cheek. She didn't feel anything besides guilt and anger, but she promised herself she won't lie to her best friend.

**

On the other side of the city, in his cell, he was lying on the uncomfotable bed with his eyes closed. How did he get there, he didn't know himself. But one thing he was sure of - he won't stay there for a long time.

_______

The girl is Xi Yeon (but her real name is Si Yeon) from Pristin, who recently debuted.

Edited 17.04.2017.