my appearances are not my top priority. it takes me ten minutes to get ready every morning before school, while it takes some of my friends hours to get ready. screw that, i need my sleep.

i wear make up, sometimes, when im actually trying. but rarely.

and lastly, i know more guys than girls. i get along better with guys than i do with girls. but the thing is, no matter how bad it looks in others eyes that i talk to guys more than girls.... well im not interested in any of them. i see them as people i can have fun with and mess around and never get intimate.

my friend once told me, that while you are thinking about getting with someone you should think about sex. odds are that you will have sex with the person (unless the relationship doesnt last long) and if you cannot see your self having sex with that person, well there is no point in continuing the relationship because you will be afraid of the sex...

when he said it, it sounded better. i dont know why, but you get what im saying.

"isabelle, are you paying attention?" my teacher asked me.

i looked up from my questions and smiled warmly at her, "of course i am"

she seemed to lighten it and smile at me, "ok we...." and she continued her lecture.

blah.

i stared at the questions... the last question.

would you ever date a girl?

would i? im not even sure, at this point i just want a relationship. i walk around school and all i see are couples, couples, and more couples. i just wasnt someone to hug when im cold.

someone to comfort me, and someone to comfort.

the bell rang .

"dont forget to do the homework!" the teacher yelled after us.

homework, what homework.

i didnt pay attention in class again. man my grades are really going to start to suffer.

i walked out of the class and waited for my friend mary, shes lesbian. and my best friend. but our relationship is strictly friends. ive known her for so long that i could never be able to see her as anything.

"so what do you want to eat today?" she asked me while we walked to the lunch area.

"im craving subway" i said looking over to the subway line.

she chuckled. "lets go"

i nodded and followed.

mary is pretty, shes about my height 5' 7 and she has the most beautiful curly hair i have ever seen. im in love with it, her hair not her. it makes me want to touch it, i dont know why. but its freaking awesome.

she dresses like a guy too, in a relationship she would be the guy because she only dates girly girls. but i guess a lesbian relationship looks good that way. a tomboy and a girly girl. well i think it looks cute.

after we got our food we went outside to eat, we had a table there were we every single day.

"ummm" i was biting my lip. how do i say this.

"mary, how did you know you were lesbian?" i asked her while opening my bag of chips and eating some.

her eyes widened slightly, but she smiled anyways.

"its simple, i was never attracted to guys....." she looked around us. once she spotted her she smiled. "i found myself attracted to girls, and girls just seem better." she said as if it were the simplist thing in the world.

and so it seemed. i met her when we were seven. and the first thing she told me was 'hi, i like girls'

at first i dint even pay attention to it, but as we grew her words made more sense. she was only attracted to girls, and of course i knew but when she came out of the closet, well people started giving us looks.

it took about a month to convince the school that we werent dating because i was straight. and it took another two months for people to finaly accept her sexuality.

i swear , sometimes people can be so close minded that it pisses me off. i see the way some pople stare at her. the looks they give her.... not nice

but ive always been there for her, and i always will.

"why?" she asked after my long silence. im not usualy this silent, its just that i have a lot on my mind.

i played it off as nothing though, i didnt want to tell anyone i was doubting my sexuality. i trust mary, its just im not even sure of it myself.

"i dont know, i was just curious." i said nonchalantly, playing it off as if it were nothing, even though its all i could thing about.

"hey, so did i tell you my cousin is moving to town" she said smiling.

i smiled. thats cool, new people, "really?! when?" i asked her with excitement. a new friend. yay.

she chuckled. "she gets here tomorow. then she starts school monday." she said in between bites of her subway.

"can you sleep over tomorow?" she asked me with pleading eyes.

"sure, i mean its friday anyways." i said kind of excited to meet mary's cousin. i hardly get to meet her family because they live far, and now i get to meet someone.

"what grade is she in?"

"twelve" cool, shes with us.

"whats she like?"

"i dont really know, i havnt seen her in a while."

great... what if she's mean.