Chapter 4

Enjoy! :) This chapter shows her life a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Think You Have the Wrong Number

Chapter 4 

The song Mr. Know It All blasted from the clock which was connected to my iPod. I groaned and turned my head towards the balcony doors. Light pierced my eyes and I instantly snapped them shut. I listened to the song still half asleep and when the song stopped and shuffled to another, I dragged my body up and went to the bathroom, taking off my clothes on the way. I grabbed a light brown layered skirt that reached right above my knees and a tight red blouse from my walk in closet and headed into the bathroom. After taking a fifteen minute shower, (about ten of those minutes I was still asleep) I disconnected my iPod from the clock and went to the kitchen and grabbed some cereal. I turned my iPod on shuffle and ate my cereal while singing along to the songs in my head. As I was eating, I remembered about Auden and I could feel my face starting to blush. I can't believe he woke up and saw me. 

I must've looked like some sort of crazy stalker or something just sitting there and staring at him. I chuckled darkly to myself. His electric green eyes stared at me as if he could see my soul. I felt completely transparent under his gaze. I remember the tingles that shot through my body and I smiled slightly. Nobody has ever made me feel the way that he does. Not even Josh, my recent ex. Josh was my boyfriend of about five months, the longest I've ever been with any guy. He literally shot through my relationship record. I thought we'd have a happy ending till I caught him kissing some girl three weeks ago while I was going to the lockers for a notebook I left. 

~ FLASHBACK TO THREE WEEKS AGO ~

"shit! I forgot my notebook!" I yelled in frustration and slapped my hand to my forehead at my idiotic memory. 

"go back and get it. There's still like two more minutes left if you walk fast enough you won't be late. Besides even if you do I could cover for you." my friend Cyndi told me and pushed me back the way we just came from. 

"thanks I owe you!" I yelled behind me and hurriedly walked back down the hallway to the lockers. 

"don't worry 'bout it." she said and walked into the classroom. 

The hallway was quickly becoming empty and I sped up. When I finally reached the long rows of lockers I sighed in relief and quickly twisted my combination into the lock. I grabbed my purple notebook with CHEMISTRY labeled on it and slammed my locker shut carelessly. Before I left my locker, I heard voices. I blinked in confusion and leaned walked closer to the source of the voices. 

"what was that?" somebody muttered slightly breathless. A guy. The voice sounded vaguely familiar as I got closer to the corner. I stood still for awhile and tried to make out the voices to see if I knew them. 

"don't worry about it." some girl mumbled carelessly. 

Then I heard some movements and then... kissing? 

"no seriously I think someone's here." the guy said in confidence. I finally recognized the voice, and betrayal pierced my body. 

I stood still for a second and the notebook slipped from my hands but i didn't care. I start walking confidently around the corner as anger took over me and I saw Josh and Melani, the co-captain of the cheer leading team leaning against the lockers and full on making out. He had pulled Melani so close to him and Melani had her hands in his hair an he moaned like there was no tomorrow. My anger boiled over and I took slow steps towards them, making sure he knew I was here by putting force on my legs and stomping on the ground with every step I took. My heels tapped against the floor and echoed through the hallway. He finally took notice of me when I was about halfway. His eyes showed guilt and alarm when he saw how mad I was. Melani actually managed to look guilty for kissing my boyfriend before she slapped a smirk on her face and looked at me in triumph. That whore! The nerve of her. Of HIM. How dare he cheat on me when he just told me he loved me this morning. As I was clacking down the hallway I had an idea. Right when I was about five steps from him, I smiled sweetly and I willed my eyes to show love. He had on a shocked expression as he saw my sudden mood change. When I was right in front of him, I harshly pushed Melani away and heard her scream and fall onto the floor. 

"look Joslin-" Josh started but I cut him off. 

"I forgive you. Close your eyes." I whispered sexily into his ear, but I was burning with anger inside. 

He hesitated, but then did as I asked. I leaned towards his lips and kissed him. He immediately responded and I smiled inside. Step one check. I popped open my eyes and saw that he had his closed. Perfect. I quickly pulled away and waited for him to open his eyes. When he did, I grabbed the front of his shirt and yanked him towards me, then with all the force in me, adding the anger, I brought my knee up in a flash and kneed him where the sun doesn't shine. I looked directly into his eyes as the pain registered and he gasped from the horrendous pain. He was bent down moaning in pain when I grabbed his shirt again. I pulled him up till he faced me and then released my hand and clenched it tightly into a fist. Then I punched his face with all the anger pouring out. He moaned in pain and laid on the floor. I stalked over to Melani, who had on a shocked and scared expression on her face. I bent down to her eye level and slapped her. She screamed and glared at me. She brought her hand back, but I caught it before her hand made contact with my face. 

"next time choose another place to whore at." and with that, I threw her hand against the wall and she screamed again. I smirked as the anger slightly faded away. Then I walked back to Josh. 

"don't ever talk to me. Don't ever look at me. Don't ever smile at me. If you do I will permanently take away you chances of having children. not that I wouldn't be doing the whole world a favor but I'll be nice to you one last time." I said coldly and stood up. I started to walk away but then turn back around. 

"oh and I love you too." I said referring to this morning when he said he love me. "but now it's past tense." I added and then walked down the hall and calmly retrieved my notebook from the floor. 

~ FLASHBACK OVER ~

I had walked back to class that day and later during lunch told Cyndi what happened. She was so mad she actually went up to him and punched him on the other side of his pretty little face and warned him to 'stay the hell away from me'. I had laughed at her and his shock expression and pulled her away before the teachers came. 

I sighed at the memory and was about to eat another spoon full of cereal before I noticed it was all soggy. I made a disgusted expression and threw the bowl of cereal away. I love cereal but when they get soggy I just can't stand it. That's why I eat it really fast every time to save the crunchiness. I grabbed a box of Oreos from the counter and happily bit into it. Oreos are my favorite cookies and then there was the chocolate chip cookies. I'd do pretty much anything for chocolate chip cookies. As I was stuffing my face with Oreos I made up my decision to talk to Auden and introduce myself this time. This way he wouldn't think I'm just some creepy girl that stared at him while he was sleeping. With that thought on my mind, I tossed the empty Oreo box into the trash and snatched my keys. Then I got in my car and made my way to Mary North Hospital.