"W..well, no. I haven't heard about him since the war has ended. Also I don't want to know about him. He was only my old comrade after all."
That was a lie of course. She knew and Hinata, too, knew that well. But they didn't bother each other with questions. They remained so quietly that even Ino felt the tense atmosphere between them.

Hinata sighed, looking at the back of the pink haired beauty who walked towards the shower room directly.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

After a day, Sakura and her friends started doing their duties. The village leader told them to rest longer but they resisted working late. The reason of that for Hinata and Ino was because of their boyfriends or soon-becoming boyfriends. For Sakura, she was just Sakura.( ^_^ I don't even know what I am writing now.)

Hinata was to identify the medicines and make up the suitable tablets or capsules for patients when Sakura and Ino looked after and checked the patients in different rooms. The infected disease wasn't very bad. They could control it in time until it spread rapidly. They worked till midnight and started at early morning. Even the villagers began to feel apologetic as the three konoichi worked hardly for them.

For Sakura, she didn't satisfy herself yet, in case with Sasuke. She knew sasuke's house wasn't far from where she had temporarily lived so it made her feel uncomfortable. Her brain told her to stop thinking about him but her heart did different things.

On the fourth day of staying at Hotaru village, Sakura and the others were working like the day before but Sakura in one room and Ino in one room. Hinata was at the counter.

[In Sakura's room]

"Next." Sakura called out.

And a patient with black cloak came in slowly. She was reading the contents of the entering patient at the list paper but saw only the patient's name in it.

'Kouji'

Thus, she looked keenly at the man but his face was covered with the shadow of his cloak. Neglecting the personal appearance, she lazily asked.

"So, what makes you here today?" It was an ordinary question which Sakura used to ask her patients in the hospitals.

The guy didn't answer but showed his left arm on her table. Carefully she took a look at his arm and widen her eyes. There was a wound of sharp pores and it was certain............

"You must be bitten by a wolf or a dog. Am I right?" She took his arm closer to her and looked at him with saddness in her eyes.

The man nodded at her slowly.

'Oh how unequal our world is! From the looks of the clothes he wore, everyone can know he is poor. The worse part is that he is also mute. That's why he didn't answer my questions. Maybe kamisama is busy so he forgot to praise those kind of people.' Sakura thought herself for a brief moment.

She then accidently saw him smiling under the light of the room.

Wha...what?! Why is he smiling?

"Ahem! I will clean your wound with methanol and give an injection. It may hurt a little. But don't worry, it won't too long. I promise." Sakura smiled softly.

In the process of cleaning the wound, he didn't even move an inch. She inwardly surprised at the thought, he was a tough man. Then she slowly injected the vaccine around the wound.

"Whoa...you are a great man. Good job. Oh...also you need to eat properly. Or you won't be able to stand against these medicines. They are pretty strong enough you to look pale and bring down the weight." Sakura explained smiling.