The Half Truth

Don’t think like that, Seth. We both thought that would be best. We didn’t know…Even Carlisle said so…

Look at her, Quil. We could’ve done more.

Everyone in the pack was quiet. Which was really something.

Seth, go with Jacob. Warn the Cullen’s and ask them to hunt with us. Quil and Kyle will go too.

Embry whined. He didn’t like being left out.

Sam thought it over. Embry, too. He finally thought.

We ran to the Cullen’s house, Jacob was preparing what he was going to say.

Sam, tell us if you run into Leah, howl, okay? I asked him. Even though we were miles away, I felt him nod.

I heard Sam tell Jesse and Collin to go back to Emily’s and guard her. He didn’t like leaving her alone.

We got to the Cullen’s porch and Edward was there, waiting for us. We replayed everything for him, instead of phasing. Looks like Jake didn’t need to prep himself. Edward’s eyes flashed to mine, he felt the guilt that I had.

“Jacob, does Sam know where he’s going?”

Jacob asked Sam himself, Sam said yes.

Edward went into his house and I could hear him talking to his family.

“There are vampires, loose, running around La Push and Forks. They think there’s more than fourteen, now. We need to help. They’ve already killed a girl.”

Alice snarled, “Leah and Darren keep making my visions disappear, as far as I can tell, they have no idea about this.”

Rosalie flitted to the door, stepping outside. The rest of the family was behind her.

Renesmee came out last, staring at Jacob with a concerned expression. She touched his head and showed him that she didn’t want him to hunt with us.

He nudged her with his nose.

Kyle shuttered slightly. He wasn’t use to the truce with vampires.

I looked at the Cullen’s and noticed Carlisle was looking at me with an apologetic expression.

“Seth, you did what you thought was right, both you and Quil should not feel guilty, if it were us in your position, we would’ve done the same thing.”

I nodded once.

Edward grabbed Bella’s hand and ran through the woods. Emmett and Rosalie followed, as did Jasper and Alice. Then we started running, with Carlisle, Esme, and Renesmee behind us.

We were almost to Sam when another trail caught my attention. It was old, maybe a couple of hours, but it might lead us to Kellan.

Do you want to follow it Seth? Quil asked me.

Yea. Then we both ran, leaving Kyle and Embry behind.

No trace of Leah or Darren yet. Sam updated us.

I ran faster for some reason, it was like my senses caught onto something that I hadn’t yet. 

Quil was behind me, then he snarled, as did the rest of the pack.

I can smell them! Quil snarled. He passed me up, running faster than a bullet. His fur blended with the trees.

Then I could smell them too, but there was something there. Kellan! Kellan…no, no, Kellan! He was with the blood suckers!