Level Seventeen: Dark Revelations

Start from the beginning

I sighed and heaved myself out of bed, and it was at that moment, that I heard someone opening the front doors. I froze instantly and strained my ears to listen to who could be coming inside of my brother's condo. It could've been my brother and Danny but...I mean, I wasn't even sure what time it was to judge if it was them or not.

Then I heard voices—several voices.

My room-mates were here.

How the hell did they manage access into my brother's condo?

"Where the fuck are you, Claire, you stupid bitch!" Allie screeched angrily as she stomped into the condo, "I swear on Grandpa, I am bitch slapping the shit out of you for making me so damn, fucking worried!" She shouted before her angry stomping started heading into the direction of the guest bedroom.

"A-Allie, can you please, not?" JC called after her with panicked tone.

"Fuck off, dimple boy!" Allie snapped, "I'm going to kill her!" Allie slammed the door to the guest bedroom open and a flood of light slammed into me. I staggered back slightly and groaned as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"There you are, you, you, fucking...ugh!" Allie smacked the back of my head and I whined at the painful contact. "Do you have any fucking idea who worried we've been? And you ignore our fucking calls!? Your brother is freaking out, right now, and then he tells us that one of the lobby security guards caught you sneaking into the lobby two days ago!" I popped an eye open and saw Allie glaring angrily at me but I could see the panic and worry in her eyes.

Behind her, I saw the faces of my room-mates—all of them looking immensely concern but not wanting to risk Allie's fury. "Allie..." I sighed prepared to tell her what had happened but she yanked me into her chest before I could continue.

I start instantly complaining because Allie liked to crush you with her bear hugs.

"Why didn't you tell me Tristan was back?!" She whispered angrily in my ear, "I was so fucking scared that he could've gotten to you since you disappeared for two fucking days!" Allie hissed. She pulled away and I stare at her with fear.

"Why do you think?" I croaked out with tears threatening to spill over.

Allie's expression softened, "You're an idiot, you know that?" She sighed and looked over her shoulder, "They don't know...do they?" She asked in a low voice—so that they wouldn't hear.

I buried my face into her shoulder and shook my head with a soft whimper, "No...I didn't think I would ever have the need to tell them about..." My voice shook and it was then that Ricardo had, had enough of standing back and stepped into the dimly lit room.

The sound of his shoes caused me to shrink into Allie—as if I could disappear into her.

"Claire..." I flinched...he sounded concern but the way my name fell from his lips caused my heart to ache in pain. I felt so bad for ignoring him...he must hate me or something. "What is going on?" His voice was soft but it was firm.

"Ricardo, I don't think you should pry into this one." Allie protectively asserts.

"Is it that bad?" Ricardo says softly. I feel his hand stroke my hair and I try not to break down in front of everyone—I know they wouldn't' judge me...we were so close to one another that I shouldn't have been scared to tell them but talking about my abuser...was...was too hard for me. I would rather have Allie tell them even though they deserved to be told by me.

"You have no idea," Allie whispers, "Claire." Allie tentatively calls my name.

I sigh against her shirt and pull away, "I won't be able to tell them." I told her, refusing to meet Ricardo's intense eyes. My stomach decides to take a chance and growl out loud, hoping that someone would be kind enough to shove food down my throat.