Chapter Thirty Eight

Start from the beginning

"A bag? Wow bro, maybe you've had one too many." Dustin said snatching my beer from me. "He's done for the night." he told the barman who continued laughing to himself.

"Can I have an order of hot wings and fries?" I asked placing an order. I hadn't eaten all day and I'd rather starve before I ask Godzilla to make me something to eat with that attitude of hers.

"What time is it bro?" I pulled out my phone and checked the time.

"2:24." I said noticing I had three missed calls from Charlotte, one from my mother, and two from Dustin. "Speak of the devil, guessed who called me."

"Who? Jas? Oh no, mommy?"

"Mommy did call but that's not who I'm talking about."

"Then who? Your ex wife? You still hitting that?"

"No Dustin! I'll be right back!" I said getting up and making my way outside of the bar. I pulled out my phone and dialed Charlotte's number.

"Hello?" she croaked as she answered.

"Hey, it's me. Everything okay, I see you called me a couple of times."

"Will? Oh thank god. I need to talk to you." she breathed a sigh of relief.

"About what? Look, I'll be back to work by next week Monday. Whatever's going on in the office, it'll have to wait." I said preparing to end the phone call.

"It doesn't pertain to work but it's really important."

"Well, what is it Charlotte? I'm out right now with my brother and he's waiting for me so you'll have to make it quick."

"Out where? I can come meet you. I promise it won't be long. I just need to talk to you face to face." she begged as I shook my head.

"Okay, come down to Rey's."

"The bar? Okay, I'll be there soon."

"Fine, meet me by the bar." I said ending the call and going back inside.

"Everything okay?" Dustin asked as I sat down and finished eating.

"Yeah that was Charlotte. She's meeting me here."

"Is she now?" he joked.

"Gonna give it another go?" the barman asked as I shook my head.

"No, she wants to talk. Probably about her boyfriend or something. Maybe about some days off work because her mother's been sick with breast cancer." I said shrugging off anything too serious.

I sat and joked around with my brother and the barman, who's name was Rick, for a while before Charlotte got there.

"Hi." she spoke softly as I turned to look at her. She looked terrible. She was still as beautiful as ever but her eyes were red and puffy from what looked like crying. Her blonde hair pulled up into a messy ponytail, and her clothes basic. A pair of denim shorts and a white v-neck t shirt.

"Hey. Rick, this is Charlotte. Charlotte this is Rick. And you already know Dustin." I introduced as she waved and looked back at me. "You want a drink?" I offered to buy her one because from the looks of it, she was going through hell right now.

"No thanks. Can we maybe get a table in the back and talk?"

"Sure, come on." I said taking her hand and walking towards the back of the restaurant. "So what's this about? Is your mom okay?"

"Yeah, my moms fine. She's doing great actually. Chemotherapy is working." she said a smile plastered on her face.

"That's good news. So is it your boyfriend? He cheated again?" I asked as she shook her head.

"No, he hasn't cheated again." she giggled to herself. "Will, I don't want you to freak out but there's something's I have that you should know about." she said as I looked at her with wide eyes.

"Things like what?" I hoped she wasn't going to tell me anything that was going to affect my life from now on. I was scared to death. I could see my brother and Rick stealing little glances at us from the front of the bar.

"Well-"

"Well what? Tell me Charlotte!" I yelled as she began to cry. I didn't mean to yell at her but I was so scared to hear what was going to come out of her mouth. Even if it had nothing to do with me, I had to make sure she'd be okay.

"I have....."

A/N: Sorry! I know you probably hate me right now, don't you? Lol! So do you think her news has anything to do with Will or not? The next chapter will be in her point of view. I'm not sure yet if you'll find out what's wrong there or if you'll have to wait for Will's POV.

Vote/comment/fan!

I didn't want to upload this soon but I promised you last night that I would upload. So I don't plan on posting another chapter until Monday or Tuesday.

Also, does anyone watch Pretty Little Liars? I missed the ending of the season premiere on Monday, can someone tell me what happened?