Chapter 1

You lived in Avenger's tower cause, you were tony Stark's daughter. When James Buchanan Barnes first moved in it was always awkward because your dad told you to stay away from him. He didn't talk much anyway at first so it wasn't an issue avoiding conversation but he would always look at you with an intense gaze. One particular morning you were eating breakfast in the kitchen at the counter and you felt a pair of eyes on your back. You looked back at the table across the room and sure enough there was Bucky staring at you, he quickly looked back down at his cereal, catching the attention of Steve who was sitting right across from Bucky. He turned around and saw you sitting there and turned back to his best friend. He said "Buck when are you gonna just go up and talk to (y/n)? " . "I can't Steve! Her dad will have my head on a platter! " Bucky responded. 

_________

A few days passed, you would occasionally see Bucky look up at you like he was going to say something, but he would quickly look down every time you made eye contact. It was Friday morning when Natasha walked in the living room while you were sitting in there watching cartoons with Steve and of course Bucky who was sitting at the table behind the two of you. She quickly realized that he wasn't watching the cartoons, and you were oblivious to the fact. "Hey (y/n) can I help you pick your outfit for tonight?" She asked. "What's tonight?" You commented. "Well it's the party we will ALL be attending at the senator's house" you father interrupted loudly as he walked in the door and over to the pantry. "And dress nice! There will be important people there! He said sternly. He started walking out of the room with a box of crackers in hand but stopped in his tracks and teasingly said "oh and (y/n), the senator's son 'Dylan' is it?  will be there..." He winked and continued on his way. You hated how he would emphasis your name when he would talk about Dylan. Your father practically worshiped the guy. He was good friends with the senator, and they would always talk about you and Dylan getting married one day. Dylan was nice and all but he wasn't "your ideal man" so to speak and you never really clicked, but the two of you always ended up dancing together at these parties because your parents would nudge you to go talk to him and he would always try to flirt. You knew this was going to be a long night. "(Y/n)! Natasha waved her hand in your face as she called your name. "Well are you?" She asked. "Am I what?" You responded. "Coming with me to go pick a dress for tonight?!" She answered alertly. "Oh yeah, let me go get some shoes on then we'll leave" you said and you walked out of the room, with Bucky's eyes on you the whole time.