Mom?

Rory's POV:
My phone rang loudly while I was in the middle of writing my article. I sighed and picked it up ready for a distraction. "Hello?" I asked remembering I hadn't looked at the contact. "Hey Rory. It's Dean." I balanced the phone while I wrote.
"Um, hi Dean." My hands were slowing down my typing. I shut my computer. "Is this a bad time Ror?" He sounded like he really needed to talk. I looked at the clock. 4:05. Carol would be back around 5.
"Not at all. Talk it up." I curled up on my bed. "Good because I'd rather not talk down." He had a hint of laughter but he sounded sad.
"Well, go on then." I looked over my notes for a moment. "Tina, my girlfriend just broke up with me. She thought I was cheating. Due to my past and she found out I was talking to you again." It made me kind of sad too. To know that I have a cheater reputation with my ex.
"I mean I guess we have a past." Dean sighed. He was miles away and I knew he needed a hug or something.
"2 years, Rory. I was with her for 2 years. We were perfect for each other!" The way he said perfect hurt me. I thought Dean and I had been perfect for each other.
"And you blew it all again for someone who dumped you once? Except I didn't do anything, Dean! You called me. You broke up with me last time. You called me in the first place." I knew what he was going to say. I couldn't take hearing it from him. "Rory, no." He didn't have a convincing voice though. I slammed my phone shut. It has been 4 months since I turned down Logan's proposal. 4 months.

Luke's POV:
"So 4 months?" I said to Lorelai and smiled. We were sitting on the couch watching television. "Yup," Lorelai said.
"You happy, Lorelai?" I asked as she laid her head on my shoulder. "I mean I want a pony and a unicorn! So that's kind of a downer." She looked up at me smiling.
"I mean with me," I said and kissed her hair. "Yes, Luke." She said and wrapped her arm around my waist. April came out of Rory's room reading one of the books Luke had got her from Andrew's about different types of rocks.
"We should get back to my place,"I said and kissed Lorelai lightly. "I guess so. Go save the diner from being burnt down by Ceaser and Zach."
"Well now that you say so, that too." I said while pointing at her and kissing her lightly again. She smiled at me and Paul Anka took the spot where I had been sitting. "Help anytime from the best girlfriend." I smiled at her.
"Bye Lorelai," April said looking up from her book. "Bye kiddo," Lorelai said and got up and hugged her and gave me a hug also.
"Call if you need anything." I said and she nodded.
We had left and my phone rang. "Yeah?" I said into my phone before pulling out. April looked up from her book. "I was wondering if you planned on being back soon?" Zach said. I sighed. "Yes Zach. On my way right now." I said pulling out of the driveway. I snapped my phone shut and April warched me closely.
"So, Dad...." she started slowly with a smile on her face. "Yeah?" I asked as I looked up once more in my mirror to see Lorelai watching from the doorway.
"Lorelai," she said and smiled.
"What about her?" I asked as we neared closer to the square.
"Wouldn't think with yours and Lorelai's past you would be thinking more about marriage and kids." Her voice was quiet but excited. She closed her book as I parked at the diner.
"April-" I started to begin but I was interrupted.
"Dad, come on. I still don't know why you guys called off the engagement last time anyways."
"April it was complicated and we're just going with the flow. It's going great and nothing needs to be jeopardized, okay?" I said laying my head on the steering wheel. "Fine, Dad. Don't go into detail." She hopped out of the truck and walked inside. I looked up and seen the light flick on upstairs. I sighed and finally went inside.

Lorelai's POV:
I watched as Luke drove away I clutched onto my phone and seen Luke look up some. I smiled and turned around to go inside. I looked into the fridge and grabbed a soda. I curled up onto the couch with my soda and twizzlers and switched through the channels and was delighted to see that Casa Blanca was on.

My phone rang around 7. I rushed to answer the phone. "Hello?" I said into the phone hoping it was Luke. "Lorelai," the voice said. It wasn't Luke's.
"Christopher,"
"How's the kiddo?" He asked.
"Perfect like Rory. Any particular reason you called?" Suddenly the door opened and I could tell it was Luke and April coming for dinner. Luke came over and wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me lightly. I fell onto him and let him hold me up.
"Just seeing how things are," he said. I wasn't exactly listening and started talking to Luke. "You brought me food! I now know that I love you." Luke pressed his lips to mine once more.
"Sounds good?" I turned my attention back to the phone. "Oh yeah. They're great actually."
"Who's that you're talking to?" He sounded a bit more angry than curious. Luke held onto my elbow and felt him laying his head on mine. "Um, Luke actually." He kissed my forehead and stood me up as he went and got plates. "Suprised you haven't married him already." I heard Christopher mutter. I set the phone down.
"Who was that?" Luke asked as April looked up. "April, honey how about you go take a look at Rory's books and find something you might like." I said in a light tone. I watched as Luke stood up more and let the bag sit on the table.
"Is Rory okay? Your parents?" He asked hastily. "Luke, they're fine. I felt myself stiffen and myself get reminded of Christopher.
"Then what's up?" He asked quietly setting his hand on my shoulder. "It was Christopher." He had ventured away from my shoulder. He took my hand seeing how tense I was. He squeezed it tightly.
"Oh," Luke said quietly.
"Luke, it's nothing. We were close forever! You can't just take years of friendship and throw it out!"
"You can when you get married and within a flash divorce. Then after you break up with your fiancee after giving him a huge ultimatum! I needed to think Lorelai." I was hurt and walked outside. I sat down and April came out after a little while. "Dad's in there stressing out. A lot." I sighed and wrapped my arm around her.
"There were things that happened between breaking up and getting back together." I felt myself choke up but hid my face from April as I looked down. "Things that I regret because I should've been with him for that year of my life. But he came to me ready to elope and I told him the truth about what I did when I didn't even give him a chance to think. You can't do that to people you love."
The tears began pouring and she stepped inside and a few seconds later Luke came out. He seen me crying and ran over to me. I laid my head on his shoulder as he rubbed my back in circular motions. "I'm sorry, Lorelai. I know how sensitive you are on those subjects. I just, I don't know." He was silent after that.
"It's okay." I said through tears. "Luke, I'm sorry. For the ultimatum. For sleeping with Christopher right after. For marrying him. But especially for not being with you." He sat there and wiped my tears. He looked me in the eyes.
"I-It's all okay." He said. I gave him a small smile and we walked inside to eat. Luke saying those words made it all more real. Those words killed me for a moment. Until it was Luke that was there to comfort me. It's always been Luke. No matter if it was just by giving me coffee or food. Or being there to hug me and tell me, "it's all okay." Or "you're not a failure."