13

Sorry I didn't upload yesterday it was my birthday. 15 🎉

As soon as Riley got off the plane she felt great. She's not really a fan of flying, and when she's alone it kind of makes thing worse. The person next to her didn't help either. Her mum had got her a taxi booked so she could go as soon as she got her luggage.

Riley stood there for at least half an hour just waiting for her luggage, it was the last one, and God was it heavy. She walked out of the gate. She looked up and saw her mum. She immediately ran over to hug her. "Omg your here! I thought a cab was picking me up!" Riley said really excited. "I came to surprise you!" Her mum said. They walked to the car and drove over an hour to her childhood home. On the way she passed Ian's parents house, she had been there so many times it was hard not to recognise it. It immediately made her think of Ian.

"So are you dating anyone?" Her mother innocently asked her helping her pull her luggage through the door. "Um no?" She stuttered questionably. "That stutter says otherwise." Her mother says calmly. "Well he's got a girlfriend and I don't like him like that and he only likes me as a friend anyway so that wouldn't matter if he didn't have a girlfriend." Riley started rambling. "Okay who is this 'friend'" her mum asked using air-quotes jokingly. "Ian" she mumbled. Her mothers eyes went wide. "The Ian! High school Ian."  Riley shrugged. "Maybe." She replied. "Show me a picture." Riley nodded and went to Instagram. She showed her Nina's recent post because that had his full face in.

'Riley's mum is called Sarah

'Riley's mum is called Sarah.'

Sarah's eyes went wide at how much he had changed. "Is that his girlfriend?" Sarah asked her daughter. She nodded in response. "She's very beautiful." Sarah says. "Well so is he," Riley muttered almost inaudibly. "What?" Her mother said obviously not hearing her. "Oh nothing." Riley said quickly and ran up to bed. "Night!" She shouted hearing a 'goodnight' in response. She went up the loft stairs to her bedroom. She hadn't been here for almost a year. It was still clean. There was a picture of her and Ian stuck to the wall. It when they first became friends, they were hugging each other tightly. Riley gently touched the old photo. Remembering the exact moment.

Putting her shorts and tank top on, she went under the covers and quickly fell asleep.