Loving A Vampire Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, but I was hoping that your friend here would maybe be nice enough to show me around". He said and looked at me hopefully.

"Oh... I don't know" I said hesitantly.

"Please".

"Go on Chelsea, show the poor boy around". Abby encouraged while Jenny whispered something in her ear that caused them both to giggle.

"Ok" I agreed and showed him to his first class. I had to run to make it back to my class in time and took my seat next to my friends.

"Oh my God, you are so lucky!" Jenny said turning to look at me.

"He is definitely hot, did you see those eyes, what color is that anyway?"Abby asked turning toward us.

"I'm not sure, and what about that body, he must work out a lot" Jenny answered, looking as if she has just witnessed a miracle.

"Chelsea! Are you even listening to us? You've got like the hottest guy is school interested in you and it doesn't even look like you care".

"I don't"

"What! are you crazy? I mean seriously, if you don't want him I'll take him in a heartbeat!" Jenny shouted looking truly confused.

I wanted to tell her that she can have him but Mr. Jones, our History teacher gave me a look that warned me to keep quiet and start listening.

I didn't see him again until lunch, we were sitting at out usual table in the cafeteria when he casually sat down on the seat next to me.

"So, how's it going ladies?"

Jenny blushed and Abby giggled, I swear they would do anything he asks, it was ridiculous.

"We are fine" I answered feeling really irritated, who does he think he is?

He just smiled at me and started a conversation with Jenny and Abby but even though they were flirting with him he didn't stop looking at me.

After a few minutes I learnt that his name is Virgil and that he just moved here to live with his older brother, apparently his parents wanted to travel the world and he was getting in the way.

The way he kept on looking at me really started to freak me out so I had to think of an excuse to leave because he obviously wasn't going anywhere.

"I forgot something in my locker, I'll be right back" I lied and got up.

"Ok" Abby said without looking away from Virgil and Jenny didn't even respond. This is really strange, they never act like this, it's like he's got a some sort of spell on them. I hurried to my locker, I will just hang around here until the bell rings and I can

go to class I thought to myself but as I came closer to my locker I saw someone leaning against it as if waiting for me, at first I couldn't make out who it was but as I came closer I saw that it was Virgil. I felt a sudden rush of fear running through my body, there was something very strange about him. I turned around and ran away towards the parking lot, I'm going home I decided, I'll tell everybody that I got sick but as I approached my car he was there again, waiting for me.

How did he get here so fast? And what does he want with me?

I was shaking with fear as I approached him.

"What do you want?" I yelled at him.

"I wanted to be your friend Chelsea, but I can see we are going to have to do this the hard way".

"What are you talking about?" I asked as I started crying.

He took a step closer and looked me right in the eyes.

"Don't look for him Chelsea" It reminded me of what I heard my Grandma say last night and freaked me out completely.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted as I pushed passed him and got into my car.

I was shaking so badly at this point that it took me a few tries before I got the car started, I sped away fast and headed home.

Who is this guy I keep on seeing and why do my Grandma and Virgil want me to stay away from him? I always felt so comfortable with my Grandma, I loved her and trusted her even when other people thought she was crazy, but now I'm not so sure anymore. She scared me last night in my dream, she looked evil, she looked like a real witch.

When I got home I parked my car and ran inside making sure I lock the door behind me, I didn't see anybody follow me but I wasn't taking any chances. I headed upstairs and decided to check through my Grandma's stuff. When she died my parents sold most of

her belongings but they let me keep her personal things knowing how close we were.

I opened my closet and took out one of the boxes at the back. I sat down on my bedroom floor and started unpacking it. It was mostly books about witchcraft and spells. I didn't know what I was looking for but there had to be a clue in here somewhere. I didn't find anything in the first box but in the second box I found a book that looked interesting. It was a plain black book with a red rose painted on the cover with the words Book Of Spells written at the bottom.

As I picked it up something fell to the floor, it was an old black and white photo. I picked it up at took a closer look. My Grandma was standing outside of an old farm house, she was still very young, probably in her twenties, next to her stood a young man that looked very familiar. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, the young man in the photograph looked exactly like Virgil. I turned the photo and read the inscription at the back. Virgil's 90th birthday. 05 June 1945.

The photo fell to the floor as I realized what I had just seen. I got up slowly shaking from head to toe and sat down on my bed sobbing. I picked up the black rose that was still lying on my bedside table.

I stare at the rose and whisper "Who are you?" but nothing happens. "Please, tell me who you are" I say again but this time the rose flies out of my hand and into the air. It starts spinning and braking into small pieces. As the pieces are floating in the air above my bed they suddenly turn into red liquid and rain down onto my white sheets like a cloud had just burst.

At this point my sobs have turned into hysterical screams and it feels like I can't breathe, I am scared out of my mind. As the last drops fall I look down and on my bed written in blood was one word. Kaleb.