Revisiting The Past (A Durarara Story) Chapter 1

Yukiko lives in the crazy city of Ikebukuro. Danger could be anywhere; color gangs running around thinking their bad, Orihara Izaya who is a paid informant, and Heiwajima Shizuo who is the strongest person in the city with a temper to match. She had gone to school with both of them and graduated with Shizuo. But she had to move to the Shinjuku District when she started going to college. She hasn't seen either of them since high school and her life just didn't seem as interesting without them around always fighting, so she decided to move to Ikebukuro where she heard that Shizuo last was.

One night she was walking down the street when all of a sudden this drunken man came up from behind her and grabbed her, "hey beautiful why don't you let me show you a good time?" She tried her best to fend him off but it was futile. She screamed for help but the man covered her mouth with a rag causing her to pass out.

A man in a bartender suit and blue sunglasses happens by that same alley. He runs up to the man and punches him so hard that he flies through the air and lands in the middle of the empty highway, how can people think of doing this to each other, he then picked the girl up and got a better look at her, holy shit it's Yukiko!

He takes her to his apartment and lays her on his couch. He gets a clean rag wet with cold water and wipes her face. The coolness of the rag had stirred her. When she opened her eyes she looked around, but didn't see Shizuo at first, just fucking great, I've allowed myself to get raped then brought back to the rapist's home that way he can continue his dirty work before disposing of me, but when she saw who was behind her she instantly felt safe; recognizing who the man was, "Shizuo, is it really you?"

"I was about to ask you the same question Yukiko...are you trying to get yourself killed?" his voice was a little harsher than he meant for it to be. She automatically felt bad for making him go through the trouble of rescuing her. "I'm really sorry for making you go through all of this trouble, I never thought that I would actually run into you as big as this city is." She said nervously and blushing a little.

"Were you looking for me?"

"Not exactly, I moved back to Ikebukuro to have the excitement in my life again. Living out in Shinjuku just didn't have the same excitement as this place did, plus I heard that you were still here so I came to see if I would run into you and see how you were doing."

"I'm doing fine, so what were you doing out in Shinjuku?"

"I was in school to become an accountant. What are you doing now?"

"I'm a body guard."

"I bet it's very exciting."

"It has its moments."

"I heard a little while back that you were in prison...is it true?"

"No I was found innocent but I was framed for it, by none other than Orihara Izaya."

"He's still here too?"

"Not that I know of, I think that I finally run him out of town."

"Things really haven't changed since I left then have they?"

"It depends on how you look at it, if you're just talking about between me and Izaya then no, but if you're talking about over all in general then a lot of things have changed."

"I'm talking about between you and Izaya, I remember in school that you guys always tried to kill each other."

"Yeah and still do, every time I see him on the street I throw something at him."

"I'm curious if you're a bodyguard then why do you wear a bartender outfit?"

"Because I was a bartender for a long time before Izaya framed me, my brother Kasuka had brought me so many bartender outfits that it's pretty much all I wear now." He finally sat down beside her.