My sister

I knock on her door.

Me: Grace, you home?

Nothing happens for a little while until I hear the slight squeak of the door handle open. Ever time a door shrieks it gives me the shiver down my spine since the day Tristan died. When the door opened my heart is so warmed to see her. I give her a great big hug then I go inside.

*I sit down at her table that is pure clear glass.*

Me: Grace I need to ask you something so important.

*Since the night Tristan died she has been so supportive of me, so I know she will give me the right advice.*

Grace: yeah, go on.

Me: so there is this guy zack who I work with. And

*I pause for a while and think of how I'm going to ask her this.*

Grace: and....

Me: and I don't know. I guess I sort of like him

*That was sort of a lie I really really like him*

Grace: ooooh someone at work. At least your not his personal assistant.

She puts a grin on her face when she says that because she thinks I'm actually not his assistant. I look at her with shame.

Grace: oh, please tell me your not his...

*I cut her off*

Me: I know, i know, it's bad and so wrong but he's just so handsome and, you sort of can't help falling in love with him.

Grace: come on Em, it's so wrong.

Me: I know but ever since Tristan died I've felt so empty and sad,  but now I've met zack and he's just brightened up my world.

*She looks at me with disappointment.*

Me: look, I just want to ask him out and see how it goes. I may not even end up liking him that much.

*She waits a bit.*

Grace: ok, got out with him. But, you can't let anyone at your work not so ask him privately.

*I smile with joy.*

Me: thankyou so much.

*I give her a hug*

Grace: my pleasure.