Chapter 1

Ana
As I was checking Piper's sugar, I watched Nick, my husband of six years, with our son Luke.

"Why can't Daddy do it?" Piper whined at me, as I checked her. Everything was perfect, thank goodness.

"It's already done anyway. I'll make sure Daddy does it next time." I smiled at her, making a face at my daughter. I stood up and flipped my blonde hair over my shoulder, putting all her supplies away into her little bag.

"We're almost ready. Joe and Demi, and Kevin and Dani will meet us at the site," I couldn't exactly say that I was overjoyed to go camping. I was doing it because Nick, the rest of his family, and the kids wanted to. I sighed, and swept hair behind my ear, nodding as the kids ran upstairs to get their things to get put in the car.

"What's wrong?" He stuck his bottom lip out a little and rested his hand on the small of my back, his brown eyes staring into my green ones. I leaned into his side. He knew I didn't want to go, but I was practically begged to go with.

"You know what's wrong Nick. I'll just get through this weekend, it's fine."

"Anastasia, don't start." He groaned, throwing his head back. I crossed my arms at my chest as the kids bounced down the steps, Piper's blonde pigtails waving back and forth.

"Daddy, look!" Piper exclaimed to Nick, showing him her pink suitcase that we bought for her not long ago. Luke came on the last step after her, wheeling his blue suitcase behind him. I just shot my husband a look before I went outside to help the kids get their things in the car. I boosted Luke into his car seat, and he insisted that he could buckle it himself.

While he did that, Piper was still inside with Nick. I made my way to the house, shutting the car door, and I saw that Nick was checking her sugar once again. What? I literally just did it.

"Piper Ann, what are you doing? Didn't I say that Daddy could do it next time? I checked your sugar just five minutes ago young lady."

It was amazing, all the things she could get away with around him. Nick packed all her things in the bag before she walked out to the car.

"Ana, cut her a little slack." Nick said to me in a soft tone, coming over and putting his hand on my shoulder, his thumb making circles on my skin slowly. I groaned in frustration. This is exactly what I was talking about.

"Yeah, okay. I'll be in the car." I grabbed my own suitcase, taking it to the car and loading it into the back and getting my kids all set up in the backseat, seeing that the drive would take around forty five minutes. I got into the front seat, waiting for Nick to come out so we could get going. It was five minutes later, and he still wasn't in the car.

"I'll be right back, you guys stay here," I peered back at the kids, and they were occupied with coloring. I stomped into the house, seeing him just sitting at the counter with his head in his hands.

"Are you coming?!" I yelled at him, putting my hands on my hips. I was getting mad at him.

"Yeah, just give me a minute Ana."

"I've given you plenty of time. Either we leave now or I'm not going."

"You're really going to act this way? Come on." Nick looked up at me, anger all over his face. But a hint of sadness as well.

"What way?!"

"You're being such a child right now! You're complaining because I just want to spend time with my wife and kids, and my other family doing something together. And you just hate camping oh so much so you gotta go complain about it! For the past few days, I've learned that since I told you about this trip, you've been telling people at work how much you don't want to go. How I'm making you come with. With the way you've been acting toward me lately, it makes me feel like you hate me Ana!" He shouted and barked at me, finally standing up and just about getting in my face.

Something Special || (n.j.)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara