Scared

I went home, trying to process everything Evan said.

'How could Baylee lie to me?' I asked myself.

The door was slightly ajar when I pulled up. I rushed in, hoping to find Baylee and Loren, but no such privilege was awarded. The house was silent.

I tried to call Baylee but all I got was voicemail. I started to panic. 'Where was she?' I tried to call her again but had no luck. Baylee was gone.

I dialed Jace's number frantically. Jace picked up and stayed quiet as I explained the situation. "I know you are mad at me right now but you have to help me find her. Loren's all I have left."

Jace arrived the police station but I barely recognized him. His hair was dyed a deep black and his eyes were swollen from crying.

"Jace. What happened to you?"

"I didn't feel the same with brown hair. I want to forget the last three years of my life. this transformation will help me forget."

I shook my head. "I have gotten in touch with the police. They are looking for Loren right now."

"Was it really that painful, learning about Evan?" I asked.

"That guy is a jerk, but yes. I felt jealous. You had a child with him. I felt like nothing but a barrier between him and your new life." Jace's voice was so husky and unnatural.

"You're so much more than that. When I'm older, I wanted to have a child with you, not Evan. I didn't even mean to get pregnant!"

"So he..." Jace's voice trailed off.

"Yeah. I didn't want to have a child until I was at least in my twenties." I said quietly.

"I wouldn't do something like that." I added.

"I didn't know. Can I come back?" Jace asked timidly.

"Why? Aren't you jealous of Evan and Loren? I don't want you near me if all you were going to bring me down."

"Please Sara." Jace's voice was quiet.

"I can't." I rushed out of the police station with the hope for finding Loren in mind.