What Scares You? (Updated Version)

What Scares You?

What scares you? That's the main question in life. It can make or break you. Knowledge is power and the knowledge of what you are afraid of is powerful enough to end YOU.

I know what scares me...do you?

Ryan:

"You've got to keep your anger under control. You could get ___ all killed!"

* * *

Ryan:

"NOOOOO!" Michael yelled.

Rachel tried to catch her balance at the very edge of the platform, but it was no use. Grogg chuckled and began walking away from the edge. She was going to fall and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Rachel grabbed for air desperately. I felt so helpless. Time slowed down and my heart practically stopped. Suddenly Michael just lost it and pulled himself over the side of the railing and jumped. Time resumed and I sprang into action. I knew there was nothing I could do to stop him. I swore and quickly ran towards the stairs. I was about to lose two teammates now... but I couldn't, I wouldn't. I charged forwards, quickly heading down the railing to try and save them.

Michael:

I couldn't bear to see Rachel fall so I snapped into action and launched myself over the side of the railing in hopes of staying ahead of her. Using my newfound adrenaline, I pushed my arms out to my sides to fall over near the railing of the floor below ours. As I neared it I reached out my hands and grasped on tightly to the railing.Thankfully I was able to grab it and avoid a long and painful death.

I knew Ryan thought I had just committed suicide but I wasn't ready to give up yet. With a firm grip, I hoisted myself over the railing. I landed with a whump on my side. I ignored the slight pain and reached under my shirt to the utility belt strapped there.

I groped around for a few seconds, then found what I was looking for. My hand clutched around the shiny, silver weapon and came back out from under my shirt. I aimed the tiny laser on the top of the device at the platform floor and fired. In place of the beam was a giant hole perfectly sized for a human to jump through, which is just what I planned on doing. I quickly put the weapon away and prepared to jump.

Ryan:

Seconds after Michael jumped Rachel lost her balance. She was too far away to reach in time. I bounded down the stairs and leaped, banging my head on the railing. I bit my lip to numb the pain, tasting the warm blood trickling through the cut. My head pounding, I shook myself off and took the stairs down to the next level, two at a time.

Michael:

I took a deep breath and leapt through the gaping hole in the metal floor. I braced myself for the pain that would follow when I hit the floor below me. I knew that Rachel's pain would be immensely worse. As I fell, I instinctively reached for my hole-creating weapon. Before I could stop myself I had pulled it out and fired it right below me. My fall was about to get lengthier with less chance of me surviving.

Ryan:

I reached the platform below me in time to see Michael jump through a wide, gaping hole in the platform floor. I was instantly relieved to see that he was okay.

'So he made it after all,' I thought grinning from ear to ear.

Unfortunately the grin was replaced by a frown as I realized it would be nearly impossible to jump across the hole and it was my only path to the next set of stairs that led down below. Even worse, I watched in speechless horror as Rachel's foot gave way from above and she began to fall!