What Could've Been

An-Yes. It is here. Sorry I take long to update. School started and high school sucks. But you guys don't and I have been blessed with inspiration for this last part of the story. I was stuck with Thai for so long because I made Luke and Leia exist and still have Padmé as their mom and I should've thought about that. But hey, it was originally a one shot. So let's just pretend that Anakin kinda just went through a super rough time and Padmé really helped him which resulted in the nasty and boom! Luke and Leia.
Or you know, you can think whatever you like.
I will be updating "Guest" Soon. Almost done with that chapter and if you may, please go to my marvel account and give that story a read. Would mean a lot.
Okay. Y'all ready for this feel trip?
No?
Too bad
ONWARDS YOUNGLINGS!
____________________________________

And you always thought about what could've been...

"Yes Chancellor? You requested my presence?" You said with the most confident tone. Of course, that was completely false.

You never had a close relationship with The Chancellor. No, no, that was Anakin's gig. Something about him still gave you a bad feeling. The way he spoke always sent chills down your spine. You made sure to address him in polite manners. When you were around him, it was your top priority to make sure he was satisfied.

"Yes. I just wanted to talk about to you about some personal matters." He said, rising from his chair.

That doesn't sound pretty...

You walked over and took a seat in front of him. Something about this gave you a bad feeling. Despite your weak connection with The Chancellor, you knew him. His motives. Under that old exterior was a twisted man. Only wanting what's best for himself and his political image.

"I don't mean to interrupt you from your Jedi duties, but I had a few questions regarding The Jedi Counsel."
Hm?

Your brow quirked. "The counsel?"
"Yes." He nodded. "The Jedi Counsel elects it's members, correct?"

Taking in a deep inhale, you simply nodded. Disappointment could be seen on his face.

"And Master Skywalker...He is on the counsel?"
"Yes..." You reluctantly answered.
He seems to want to know about Anakin...
"Chancellor, it's a great honor to be in your presence, but if you wanted to know about General Skywalker, why didn't you call for him?"

The room became silent. You could sense him tensing up.
"He is far too busy with Master Windu and Obi-Wan. He has been away for quite some time."

That was true. You hardly saw him now a days. But, on those rare occasions when you did, your heart always managed to skip a beat.

"Ah. I see. Is that all you needed me for."
He nodded in response.
"Then I think we should get going. They're waiting for you." You said promptly before turning away. You had your senses high. Making sure the guards weren't doing any funny business. For a brief moment, The Chancellors eyes watched you as you walked off. He then proceeded in following you to the meeting.
Oh what a day.
____________________________________

You were surrounded by Senators and Master Jedi in the room. This must've been a rather important meeting, but you couldn't help paying attention because of him. Anakin may have been all the way across the room. Looking at him was the biggest and greatest distraction ever.

I wonder what he wants?
You remember his grasp on your hand earlier today.
You were excited to hear what he had to say, but anxious. He wants to tell you something. What if that something is that he knows.
He knows...
Oh he knows!
Your eyes quickly moved away from him. Thankfully, he hadn't noticed you were staring at him.
How could I be so stupid?! He's going to shoot me down!
Panic was building up inside you. You wanted to let out a frustrated yell. Good thing you had some self control because you were urging to run outside of the room all the way to your quarters.