Daniel mimics me and rises as well, walking around the bench to stand in front of me.

"I'm guessing you have to get back to pack." My blunt tone makes me cringe but a part of me hopes it stings Daniel as much as his stung me. He nods, inching closer and suddenly leaning forward to press a kiss to my lips, I turn to the side, my check meeting his lips, in a soft collision the pains me a little too much.

"You should go." I don't look at him, not when he linger, or when he says my name and nor as he retreats back to the carpark.

I stand miserably by the bench, feeling nothing but numbness as it registers in my mind that I was dumped. A tear escapes my eye and slides down to my lips where the salty taste lingers and makes it hard to swallow.

I start heading back to my dorm, when I recall Alex and her blasting speakers and her inquisitive nature that I'm not up for right now. So instead, I make my way back to the house behind the wooden area and out of site.

At this point, I'm not sure whether I trust Zayn or not, but I'm hoping he wasn't lying when he said the place had been empty for years. Because right now I just want to be exactly how I feel- alone.

I'm practically numb as I come to stand in front of the back porch and as I climb up the creaking steps, cautiously and carefully, and as I come to stand in front of the glass back doors. It's late and dark inside and I can barely making out more than a couch and a tv screen, but I don't go any further than glancing through the glass.

I make my way over to the swing on the porch, though when I see the rusty hinges holding it together I decide against sitting on it. Instead I head back to the steps and sit on the first one. It creaks under my weight but then seems to accept it, as I pull my knees closer to my body and wrap my arms around them.

The silence around me fills my ears and suddenly and out of nowhere I can taste the trickle of my tears along my lips.

"It's okay, Harper." I tell myself, taking in a huge inhale that only seems to choke me up more. "You're okay."

"You're talking to yourself so I don't think you are." My body freezes and blood runs cold at the sound of another voice, and even when I register it as Zayn's I can still barely move. "Trespassing twice in one day, you're getting ballsy."

My silence is enough to answer his distasteful humour, because Zayn stops talking and focuses on my side profile. I can feel his stare as it trails from the crown of my head to my eyes and then down to my lips. Feeling self conscious of any tear stains on my cheeks, I wipe at them harshly and lick the residue off my lips.

"I'm not okay." I turn o face him, my bottom lip quivering and my eye lashes sticking together every time I blink. Zayn stares back, albeit poker faced, but still intensely. his tongue darts out to dampen his lips, and I find myself magnetised by the action, or perhaps the want to feel something- anything other then what I feel right now.

I lean forward, shifting slightly closer on the step and placing a hand of Zayn's knee and another on his arm. My breath mingles with his, the smell of smoke stinging my senses as I brush my lips hesitantly over his. A ragged breath escapes them as I toy with my rational thoughts, that wave red flags and blow sirens in my mind.

It's not fair to use him.

Sighing, I break eye contact and start to pull away, but Zayn grabs hold of the back of my neck and lock his lips firmly against mine. I'm taken off guard, as as his lips massage mine, i manage to create a rhythm to work with.

My fingers comb through his hair, as his hands hold onto my waist and move up and down my back, pressing us closer together. The kiss is hungry and fast, his pace is significantly quicker than mine and I can barely match the speed of his movements. My chest rises and falls after only a couple of seconds and despite being fully present and aware that I'm kissing Zayn, I can't help but let my mind wander back to Daniel.

Zayn's pace starts to slow down slightly, which I'm thankful for. My jaw is becoming sore and my movements have almost halted. The feeling in my stomach is fizzing away. Zayn tugs at my bottom lip with his teeth, tugging it out slight before letting go and placing another rough kiss against it. He pulls away, his hands still on my back and waist, and my hands on his shoulders.

We're both silent for a while. Zayn's eyes examine my face, lingering on my lips then on my eyes. I don't know what to do. He always has something to say, and right now I wouldn't mind one of his sarcastic remarks to ease the tension. "What are you thinking about?" His voice is an octave lower than usual.

I swallow, moving my hands off his shoulders and placing them in my lap. I shake my head.

"Forget it."

+++++

Two updates in one day!!! Let's hope this lasts. ;)X