The Roommate From Hell

College AU

This was it. You were finally moving into your college dorm. A whole slew of emotions swirled inside you, excitement mixed with nervousness, and a whole bunch more you couldn't quite name.

Key in hand, you reached for the doorknob of your room to find the door already slightly ajar. Your roommate must have arrived before you. What was the name they had given you? Fergus... Fergus Macleod, that was it.

You pushed open the door. "Hey, I'm Y/N, You must be-" You stopped when you saw your roommate lounging on his bed. "Crowley?!"

Right there, in front of your own two eyes, was your sworn enemy: Crowley. You and him had hated each other for the entire four years of high school.

"Y/N? Oh God, no." Crowley complained. "There must be some mistake!"

"Hold on... is your real name Fergus?" You asked.

Crowley, or rather Fergus, growled. "What? No!"

"It is!" You laughed.

Still glaring at you, Crowley sat up and rummaged through some papers. "There must be some mistake, we couldn't have been placed together... Bollocks!" He exclaimed, throwing down the paper. "Your ruddy name."

"Great. It wasn't a mistake. Maybe I can complain-"

Crowley cut you off. "It's too late, everything's final."

You squinted. "How come you didn't notice we'd been put together?"

He shrugged. "I signed papers and got it over with. Didn't pay attention to the name."

Groaning, you dumped your bag on your bed. "Great. This is just great."

-_-_-_-_-

A nice book, a mug of coffee by your side, and no work to do. Could this weekend be any better?

The answer was yes. Crowley was laid back on his bed, puffing away at a cigarette. The guy was a horrid roommate. He left his clothes everywhere, borrowed your stuff without asking, and never cleaned up after himself. But this, this was the last straw.

"Could you fucking stop!?" You demanded. "I'm trying to read!"

Crowley pretended to have no idea what you were going on about. "Stop what, darling?"

"Smoking! You can't freaking smoke in here!" You exclaimed. He was getting on your nerves, it took all your strength not to punch him in the face.

Crowley took another puff and blew the smoke right in your face. "Says who?"

"Says campus rules, Fergus." Using his real name always got him to shut up.

He glared at you. "Fine." Crowley took the cigarette out his mouth and squished it on the plate by your bedside, using it as an ashtray and getting ash all over your oreos. "I'm headed out to the pub to get smashed."

You watched his fury in your eyes as Crowley grabbed his coat and stormed out. Good riddance.

About half an hour later, your friend, Dean, had dragged you along for drinks. Unfortunately, he left you sitting alone so he could flirt with Castiel.

Even more unfortunate, this was the same bar Crowley had decided to go to. You silently glared at him. Your roommate didn't seem to notice you.

You were just about to leave when you noticed what was going on. A big guy who looked twice Crowley's size had a big wet spot on his sleeveless shirt. It looked like Crowley had bumped into, and spilled a pint of beer all over the man.