She sat in her seat stumbling a bit to get up, and then looked at me.

"Hello" I said still trying to read her mind "I'm Edward Cullen you must be Bella"

She nodded "Your Alice's brother"

"Did she tell you that?" I asked annoyed that Alice had told that I was her real brother.

"No, but you look the same" she said in a matter-of-fact voice.

"Oh" I said her mind was still empty.

She must have noticed my expression because she said "are you alright? You look aggravated"

Aggravated, it sounded sort of odd coming out the mouth of a six year old.

"No I'm fine" I said and hurried to change the subject "So do you like Alice?"

She nodded enthusiastically "she was lovely and she adores clothes"

I laughed "she told me about your shopping trip"

Her face fell "oh that"

I tried to hide my amusement "you don't like shopping?" I asked.

"Not really, but I didn't want to let her down" she admitted "She looked rather excited when I said yes"

"Don't tell her though" she said quickly.

"I won't" I promised. Poor Alice, the one person who wants to go shopping with her doesn't want to go at all.

"So you're six years old?" I asked

"Six and a half, some say I even look seven" she said proudly "you're seventeen?"

"Yes" I lied, I told the lie every day, but when I told Bella I felt sort of guilty. But telling her I was over a century old wasn't the smartest thing to say.

The teacher started writing questions on the board. They were fairly simple.

Bella started to answer them; her answers were long and elaborate. No one would have guessed it was from a six year old. Her hand writing had a little childish hint to it but as far as standards go, she was very neat.

I had finished first but only a minute later, Bella had completed hers too.

Talking to Bella was a new experience for me, not just because she was a prodigy but because she was a mental mute. I tried harder and harder to read her mind but I ended up back where I started; with nothing.

Bella POV

Edward, even though he was Alice's brother, was nothing like the bubbly enthusiastic girl I'd sat next to in history. He was more serious and what we talked about was different, with Alice we talked about clothes and giggly girly stuff, but with Edward it could be about anything. I found that we were alike in a lot of ways, for instance we liked the same music.

"Do you listen to much music?" he had asked me he still had that expectant look on his face, as if he was waiting for me to do something.

"Well this might sound a little peculiar but I listen to Debussy a lot" I'd admitted I usually didn't tell people that but I felt like I could tell Edward anything.

His face softened a little, the expectant look on his face had vanished "Me too" he said a little surprised that we had something in common.

I was a little sad when the lesson was over. I liked talking to Edward a lot.

"Bye Edward" I said once I'd gotten all my things ready so I could go home.

"Goodbye" he said still waiting for something; he didn't hug me like Alice had.