Chapter 97 - Games

Bam woke up with October still in his arms and their legs tangled together in the sheets. He leaned over to press his lips against the slender column of her throat. She hummed sleepily as her eyes fluttered open and focused on his face. "Good morning, Lover." Her mouth stretched into a contented smile. She rubbed the beard on his chin with the palms of her hands. "Good morning, wife." He nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck.
"This feels weird." She frowned. Bam's tongue flicked along her collarbone. "What feels weird?" He asked slightly muffled.
"You and me here, without Isabella."
Bam sighed and rolled onto his back. "Yeah, it is weird. How quickly we've become accustomed to always being together. I'm really going to miss you two when we are gone for shipping jobs."
October went still. "Isabella and I are coming with you on the boat." She stated quietly in a tone that left no room for argument.
Bam drew in a deep breath. Apparently he was going to make room for argument. "The Integrity is no place for a baby."
"Our place is with you." October replied. "Wherever you are going to be." Bam pressed his lips together and shook his head. She continued. "Baby, don't you know that we want to be with you all the time? You told me yourself that you practically grew up on a boat."
Bam absently feathered his hand through her hair on the pillow. "And I also told you that perhaps I didn't have the healthiest of childhoods."
"But this is you and I, not your mom and dad." October rolled onto his chest and propped herself above him. "You're not like him." She whispered. She saw the flash of fear and vulnerability in his eyes. "You're not like him." She said again. She pressed a finger to his lips when he began to protest. "You're not like him." She repeated more firmly. After a moment of silence, he nodded mutely and kissed her fingertip.

October rolled off his body and groaned. Bam caught the slight wince that crossed her features as she moved.
"What's wrong?" He asked, suddenly concerned.
"My body was not quite ready for the intensity of your passion last night."
"Was I too rough?" He continued without pausing. "I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean to -"
"No." She interrupted him. "We've been over this before. Don't ever apologize for making love to me. I will tell you if it's too much for me to handle."
He threw the covers off and she squealed from the sudden rush of cool air over her naked skin. His pupils dilated as his eyes skimmed over her nakedness. He moved his hands down to gently caress the bruises his hands had left on her thighs the night before. He then bent his head to nibble along her hip and soothe the marks over with his tongue. He kissed a trail up her stomach, between her breasts and stopped to nuzzle against the hollow of her throat. "Baby, we should get up." She murmured, sounding completely unconvinced of her own convictions.
Bam's lips continued their lazy exploration of her ticklish flesh. She felt her skin vibrate against him as he murmured his muffled response. "Parts of me have been up for quite some time already." He smiled against her skin. "Shall I show you?"
October giggled. "Down boy." She admonished teasingly. Bam sighed dramatically and fell back into the pillow, muttering under his breath about being cockblocked again. October scooted to the side of the bed and sat on the edge.
"Where are you going?" Bam pouted.
"I'm going to phone Auggie to check on Isabella and then I'm going for a shower." October bent to pick up a robe , slipped it on and pulled the belt snug.
"Shall I join you in the shower?" Bam offered.
October feigned shock. "Mr. Brown! What would my husband say?"
"He would say 'Damn, that woman is insatiable. She wore me out!'"
October cracked a wide grin and jabbed him with her elbow. He stood from the bed and stretched in all his naked glory. He grinned as he caught her eyes taking in the sight. "We don't have to tell him. It will be our secret."  October held her arms out to him as he stepped closer.  "Hey," he admonished softly. "What did I say about the robe?" His lips slid gently along her collar bone, making her close her eyes. He unfastened the belt at her waist and moved his hands inside it possessively. He smoothed it down over her shoulders and off her body. He glanced down at her lace underwear. "I think pink is my new favourite colour." His hands moved down her back to squeeze her backside.
"So you liked my dress?"
"Oh yeah, very much." He nodded emphatically.
"I was thinking of wearing it for Matt and Amber's wedding."
"No, not a good idea!" He shook his head just as emphatically.
"Why not?" She asked feeling a little rejected.
"I'll never be able to look at you in that dress without getting a hard on. That's probably not the best look for the best man. I would prefer not to look like I'm ready for a game of ring toss while standing beside the groom at the altar." He said matter-of-factly.
"Ring toss?" October arched and eyebrow. "What other carnival games do you like to play, Mr. Brown?" She smirked.
Bam grinned wickedly. "Come see me after you make your phone call and I will show you." He promised.
He dropped his arms and walked past her, heading into the bathroom. He gave a surprised gasp as he felt her hand smack his bare bottom on the way by.