Chappy 2

Karylle's POV

I looked into the crowd and saw some familiar faces. Of course, I could tell most of these people are pretty much familiar to me because they're always present here as if there was an attendance check.

I don't get why these people love drinking so much even if it's too obvious that your threatening your health. How problematic could they be? They're filthy rich. They're expected to solve  their problems with the money they own. Try hiring a councilor or go to a therapist. But no. They waste their money drinking alcoholic beverages that will clearly cause their death, if exaggerated.

I roamed my eyes more, and suddenly, I came upon a pair of eyes looking at me intently. I couldn't say whether he was new or was he one of those usual guys, because he was pretty much familiar to me. Problem is, I just couldn't put my finger on it. My memory's too blurry, 'ya know.

He's definitely not Yael nor Dingdong, because I memorized the built of these men, and I can decipher if it was them or no. And I definitely can tell, that this man ain't one of them.

I could tell he was doing his best to catch a glimpse of me, from pushing this guy and that. Why is he so interested in me anyway?

Well, I understand the feelings of the men standing in front of me. They're pretty attracted to what I look and definitely they want a taste of me. But these men in front of me are the men I usually see in this Hotel Bar, and what makes that guy unique is that he's a stranger, but he's so eager to come up close to me.

Duh. My charms just too great. I'm just too damn pretty and attractive.

Well, honestly, attracting guys isn't part of my job. It ain't even written on my resumé. I'm just hear to sing, to give them a sweet background music that may sooth their brains and lessen their problems. But, hell. These men got attracted to me and made me look like a stripper.

No wonder the dancers hate me so much: because I steal their men, money, and job.

I sang the song which got stuck on my head for a few days now. Closer, by the Chainsmokers. I don't exactly know why I love repeating the song, maybe because of the lyrics or the rhythm. What I'm sure is, I'm struck by it somehow. I just don't know why.

I sang the song and decided to take off my eyes from that guy. It's just a little awkward because that stranger keeps looking at me intently, as if I had a debt to him.

Maybe he's a tax collector.

Well, I pay my tax fairly.

A kidnapper?

Do kidnappers wear hair extensions which make them look gay?

Kidnappers could look differently these days, ya' know.

Why should I get kidnapped anyway?

I started a debate just inside my body whether who that man is. Was he here to bring me harm or was he here for the same reasons why people come here?

Oh wait. I realized.....this the first time I deeply thought about a costumer whom I've never seen before. I wasn't like this with other strangers before!

What's it to him?

"Daghang salamat! (Thank you very much.)" I said to the crowd who was already giving me an applause after my last song. "Kana lang sa karong gabii, see you next time! (That's it for tonight. See you next time!)"

I roamed my eyes around, trying to catch a glimpse of the stranger I was deeply thinking about. Alas. He was gone.

I guess he really was just a costumer.

"Nindot kayka mukanta, K. (You sing beautifully, K.)," complimented one co-worker of mine, one of my only three friends here, Sidney.

"Salamat naman. Ikaw! Di ka pa nasanay!" I told her, slapping her arm.

"Your voice just really give me chills everytime I hear it. Pang-International boses mo, K," I smiled at her na lang, because I couldn't think of  a reply.

"Thanks," I simply said. "Sige, muuli nako ha. (Sige, I'm going home.), " I added.

I timed-out after taking a few stuff from my locker located at the authorized personnel area before going out and heading to the parking lot.

There I was shocked when I saw a man lying down, face-flat on the floor, just right in front of my car. I panicked, of course, thinking he was dead and I might be suspected as his killer.

I gently looked for his pulse and thankfully, he was still breathing. I tapped his shoulder and repeatedly saying, "Kuya, kuya! Gising po!".

He just groaned after a while of tapping him. I'm a little impatient now, because I'm about to miss an episode of my favorite series if I don't get my ass at home now. This man is making everything harder for me.

I then decided to turn the guy around to see his face and I was shocked to see the face of that stranger looking at me intently just a while ago in my performance on stage.

He's obviously drunk.

His eyelids were about to drop and anytime soon, he'd really pass out and sleep in the parking lot. His face was really red signifying he had too much drinks than he could handle. He went over his limit.

*PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKK*

"ARAY!" he exclaimed.

I slapped him. Best way I could think of to wake him up.

"Bahket kah nanananananampal, mish?" though he was eating his words, I still understood him. Well, at least a bit of what he said.

"Gipukaw ra tika kay anhi man ka natug sa atubang sa akong kotse. So di ko kauli. (I just woke you up because you already slept right in front of my car and I definitelh can't go home.), " I told him in bisaya, holding him in my arms.

"What? Sowwy. No bishaya," Tagalog pala 'to? English?

"Sabi ko, umuwi ka na kuya para makatulog ka na sa bahay ninyo. Wag kayong matulog dito sa parking lot," I told him.

He didn't move, he just stared into my eyes as if he was looking at his reflection.

"Kawwwyle...," this time I didn't fully understand what he said.

But what's scaring me now, is that he's leaning towards me.

He was able to sit upright, but he didn't let go of me. He continued leaning forward until our lips were just an inch a way.

"Why?"

And his lips came crashing into mine.

And that kiss.

Was so damn familiar.

Damn this AMNESIA.