Chapter 5

Chapter song: Clarity by Zedd

Chapter 5-

I have never been so frustrated at myself in my entire life. I had always hated feeling weak, and I felt weak standing next to Gaea.

She was powerful, and she radiated it, just like my mother did. But Gaea's was more... Suffocating.

I refuse to let her frighten me, it'll get me nowhere, and I need to get this plan rolling. I would not let my mother down.

"I've heard of you." I told her, my voice strong.

Gaea smiled wickedly and nodded at me. She seemed pleased that I knew who she was. Typical.

"Of course you have, your mother and father are powerful, and so are you, young one." Gaea informed me.

She looked me up and down, like she was assessing me. Assessing me for strength? Maybe for agility? I don't know.

"As are you, I can feel your power radiating off of you like shock waves." I told her.

And it was true, too. The hairs on my arms were standing on end from the static electric feeling that was coming off of Gaea.

"I want you to join me in my quest to take over the world, the world would be so much better off if the puny humans weren't on this planet, don't you think?" Gaea mused.

Hecate told me to make this look real and to not agree too quickly. I need to be inconspicuous.

The ring on my necklace turned cold and I automatically reached towards it, playing with it.

"I don't think that I'm cut out for war or anything like that. I've never been in one." I told her, shrugging with fake indecision.

Gaea nodded in understanding, buying what I was faking. I must be a better actress than I had given myself credit for.

"Yes, but I can have you trained in weaponry. You already know how to do magic. And anyway, there's a chance that I may lose this war, but with you on my side, there's no way I could lose! I've heard a fragment of a prophecy that has to do with you, and the only line that I heard said that whoever's team you decide to be on will win." Gaea said dramatically, a flash of power in her eyes.

She must've heard the prophecy too, or at least part of it if she was telling the truth.

The part where it says 'Whichever side The Shadow is on will be the victor,

The other side will ultimately lose without her.'

So if Gaea thinks that I'm definitely on her side, she could get cocky and screw up. That's a good thing.

I've already made up my mind on what side I'd be on, and it sure as hell wasn't hers.

"Okay, I'll do it." I said, nodding my head and biting my lip.

Gaea smiled evilly and she stood up straighter. I stood up as well, so I wouldn't feel so small compared to her.

"Travel to Greece, the others in my army will guide you from there." Gaea ordered me before disappearing.

I sighed and I closed my eyes so I could think. I practically just sold my soul to the devil. How could I have let this happen?

Before I Vaporate to Greece, I traveled back to Deimos's building, and I held back some laughter as he jumped at my sudden appearance.