"Can I drive today?" I asked him crossing my fingers behind my back, Jackson had all these nice cars lined up, yet I wasn't allowed to drive any.

"No." He gave me his final answer.

"What about when you pick me up after school?"

"Again, no."

I sighed. "Well then, when can I drive?" I pouted, I had been watching Fast to Furious and I was in the mood to race!

"Buy your own car and you're allowed to do whatever you want."

"You won't even let me get a job!" I tried kicking him but he just grabbed my leg, making me wobble on one foot.

"You're problem not mine, now let's go." Jackson ruffled my hair while chuckling.

I slung my bag over my shoulder with a huff. "You're so annoying." 

We rolled into school and all the eyes in the parking lot turned towards our car. "Remember I have early dismissal today." I told him and grabbed my bag, muttering a quick bye and ran out of the parking lot due the heavy rain.

Early dismissal was always on Mondays, meaning rather then he usual 3:00 dismissal school ended earlier at 2:15, so we missed a whole lesson.

Alas, I was late! Opening the door to my first lesson, English and didn't look up at the teacher to see the disapproving look on her face. I just went and sat down at my usual table at the back.

The students were talking and laughing together, while I just sat their staring out of the window. Suddenly the chair beside me scraped notifying me that someone had bravely taken the seat next to me. My eyebrows furrowed and I grew completely confused as I saw a pretty girl with black hair sit down next to me.

She smiled at me kindly. "Hey, umm, I'm Cadence."

I gave her a small smile "Ella." I gave her my nickname "Are you new?" I felt all giddy at the thought of being able to make a friend.

"Yeah, just moved here with my brother, it's lovely here but this rain is horrible." She pouted.

"Tell me about it, and it's just the beginning of winter, it'll be even colder soon."

If it was possible she pouted even more. She was gorgeous and immediately I began to feel self-conscious sitting next to her. Turning to look at the rest of the class, they're eyes were on the both of us while they whispered to their friends.

Cadence nudged me, she looked uncomfortable and quite alarmed "Have they never seen a new girl before?" I didn't have the heart to tell her that it wasn't because she was new, it was because she was interacting with me.

I just gave her a sympathetic shrug and smiled, feeling a tinge of guilt because of the judgmental looks she was receiving.

As the teacher continued on with the lesson, we were both partnered together to do a project, we made plans to meet up and do the assignment sometime after school and  this honestly felt like a dream. I even had someone to sit with during lunch, I couldn't help the grin that followed me as I was standing under the grey clouded skies while waiting for Jackson to pick me up.

I waited, and waited and waited another 5 minutes then huffed angrily. He'd forgotten again, every freaking Monday, he would forget that he had a sister that was too lazy to walk home and needed to picked up. Stupid brother.

I began walking on the wet pavement, my long curls swayed with the wind and my hoodie knitted coat was not doing a good job of keeping me warm. So, throughout the whole walk home, I was going off with curse words aimed at Jackson.

I slowed down as I walked alongside the park from last night. A blush began to cover my cheeks and I grew annoyed at the memory of him. Stop blushing Ella! I shook my head and continued walking.

As soon as I entered the warm heated home, I was full of steam and ready to blow at of at my Jackson. "Jackson, how could you?!" I yelled as I shrugged my bag off and paced in to the kitchen looking for him

I sighed when I couldn't find him in the there. "How could you forget again? And do you know how cold it was outside!" I walked into the lounge room. "Another 5 minutes in that freezing weather and I would've frozen to death! And I even reminded you in the car as--" Quickly I stopped mid-sentence as I stared at the sight in front of me.

Jackson angrily glared at me as he held his gun, cleaning it with a cloth. That's not what had all the blood to drain from my face though, in front of him stood two of his gorilla friends and in between them was that infuriating guy from the park!

He had a smug smirk on his face as amusement filled his eyes. Why the hell was this guy smiling? His ego was through the roof.

"What's going on?" I asked Jackson, when I could finally bring myself to speak.

Did Jackson know what happened last night? Maybe he found out, but how? Wait, maybe this guy working for my brother? No, he couldn't, he simply couldn't.

"Go to your room, Ella." Jackson said in his, 'alpha male voice' as he flipped his gun to the other side and scrubbed it. That boy cleaned his gun every day I swear.

"But Jac-"

"I said, go to your room." He put the gun down and crossed his arms while glaring at me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded my head while making my way out of the lounge room but once I was out of sight, I put my ear against the wall to hear their conversation.

I had a feeling that it wasn't going to be good.