1.

As I'm waking up I hear my phone ringing.

"This is your mother calling, pick up." My phone sings aloud.

C'mon mom right before work. I think to myself.
I answer. "

"Good morning Mom." I say through my teeth.

"Hello darling headed to work?"

"I just woke up I'm getting ready now."

"Don't tell me you're wearing your brown slacks and that cream shirt are you? I told you to throw those out."

"No mother I'm not." I say while I put on my brown slacks and cream shirt.

"Okay good I told you if you want to get a date you're going to have to dress better, do something with that hair of yours, and get your nails done. You can afford it darling, stop living like you're poor."

"Okay mom, I'm going to get going I'm running late, talk to you later."

"Just remember dinner tonight honey, at your sisters."

"That's tonight?"

"Yes I've only been talking about it for two weeks now darling, try to get a date to bring it'll be awkward for you if you don't."

"Okay mom, love you."

"Goodbye my sweets."

Mom makes a kissing noise on the other end of the phone.

Thank god that's over, she does this to me every time we talk on the phone, she never forgets to bring it up at least once. I would love to have a man but I just don't have luck in the relationship department.

I run out the door with a caramel apple in my mouth. I jump in my car and head to work.

When I walk in I see Hugo in his regular spot. Coffee in hand, arm on counter, and leaned in looking for his next victim. I walk as fast as I can without it looking obvious but he looks in my direction and spots me.

"What do we got here!" he says loudly grinning from ear to ear.

"Hi Hugo how are you?"

"Oh she speaks, a beautiful creature from the wild can talk."

He always refers to people as animals. I don't know how he hasn't lost this job with his constant harassment of his female co-workers. Hugo is weird as hell but he is great his job. He's an attorney he fights like hell, he hasn't lost one case.

"Thank you Hugo for the chat but I got to get to my office."

"Alright see you later Bambi!" He says louder than I expected.

When I'm walking passed him he smacks my ass and screams "WOOWHEE she's got a fierce tail!"

I run to my office. I know what you're thinking, that was "sexual harassment" I'm used to him doing that and it doesn't bother me any it's probably the most action he's going to get.

I get settled into my office and hear a knock.

"Come in." I say quickly looking up from the papers on my desk.

It's Braylen, with his beautiful spiked blonde hair, chiseled body, and his blue eyes.

"Good morning Miss Brenner."

"Good Morning Braylen."

"Sorry to bother you but do you have the adjourn for the case of Mr. Smith?"

"Yes, actually I do let me just grab it out of my files."

I fish my hands through the drawer until I see the S's.

"Here you are."

"You are the absolute best." He says.

"I try." I say jokingly.

As he turns to leave I feel this overwhelming confidence to ask him about accompanying me to dinner at my sisters tonight. I have had a crush on him for the past 3 months since he started working here and thankfully the people that made a move on him didn't seem to last.

"Wait um... Braylen??"

"Yes Ellis?" he smiles.

"I was just wondering if maybe you would accompany me tonight."

"Accompany you where?" He asks chuckling a little.

"For dinner at my sisters, it's actually a couple thing, and I don't have anyone so I just thought I would ask you."

"Of course I'll accompany you, I would be honored." He says.

I'm am shocked but thankful for his reaction. I shoot him a smile.

"Okay thank you I really appreciate it."

"No problem I'll pick you up at 7, same address?" He asks.

"How do you know where I live?"

"Remember you held that company dinner that one time." He says.

"Oh yeah, same address."

"Alright see you tonight."

We exchange smiles and he exits my office.