Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

Another shot of pain surged through me, causing me to freeze up.

"I think that's a good idea." I said taking deep breaths. "Mom, can you gather everyone up? I'm gonna open the gifts." I said as she nodded and hurried off.

Everyone gathered around and I began to open the gifts. The contractions seemed to get more and more intense to the point where it even hurt for me to move.

"Thank you everyone for coming, but I'm gonna have to end this a little early. I tried to manage through these pains but they're just getting worse. I think this baby may be coming very soon." I announced as another contraction came along. I cringed at how much agony I was experiencing.

"Breathe through them." my mother said as I leaned against the wall.

"Baby's coming right now?" Sammie asked rushing over to me.

"Not sure." I said as Adam ran over. "It's time. You still wanna be in the delivery room?"

"Hell yeah." he said enthusiastically.

"Okay so I'm gonna call Dr. Marshall and tell her to meet us in Labor & Delivery." Will said pulling his phone out of his pocket. He dialed the wrong number about 3 times.

"You okay?" I asked as he shook his head no.

"I'm nervous." he said looking down at his hands, which were shaking.

"It's gonna be fine. I promise." I said trying to calm him down.

After about another 5 minutes, Will, my mom, Nadine, Adam and Sammie and I all piled into my car. Will drove to the hospital in record time.

"Hello, my girlfriend is in labor." Will said to the receptionist.

"How far apart are your contractions?"

"I'd say about 5 minutes." Will answered for me.

"Okay, please have a seat in the waiting room until we have a room available." she said as we walked into the waiting room.

"You okay?" Will asked as I giggled.

"Yes, I'm fine in between contractions. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm great. Just fine." he replied playing with his fingers.

"How is it that I'm the one going through all of this but yet you're way more nervous than I am?"

"I don't know. This is my first child."

"And what is this? My fourth?" I asked sarcastically.

"No, it's just, I don't know. You're in pain so you probably just want the baby out as soon as possible." he said looking at me as I nodded. "And besides, the sooner it's out, the sooner we can go back to being naughty."

"You know what, I'm glad I'm with you Will. I can always count on you to make me laugh." I said as he smiled.

"I was serious. We just may have another soon."

"No thank you." I said as my mother cleared her throat.

"Your water just broke." she said as I looked down to the floor at the puddle of water under my feet.

"Your contractions are gonna start coming faster and feeling stronger." the nurse said extending her hand out for me. "I'm your nurse Sara. Please follow me to the room." she said as we all stood up and walked to a room that was set up just for me. "Okay, remove your clothes and put these on. I'll be right back with your IV." she said walking out the room.

I pulled my top up over my head and was quickly stopped by Will.

"There's a bathroom right there." he said looking me in the eye.