2 Guys, 1 Girl, A Plane Crash, and An Island [16]

Luke's loud high scream was deafening and the sight that almost had me screaming to was blinding. Benson had not gotten away from the beetles, they had covered his body, and were all going into his mouth. He looked as if he were having a seizer. His eyes were rolled back in his head and he was just shaking uncontrollably.

We all watched not knowing what to do. Luke and i had both fallen to the ground with our hands over our mouths holding each other. Thursday had not appeared yet, and Demitri's face told us nothing.

"O my God!! Look at his eyes!!!" Luke squeeled. I looked at Bensons eyes. They were bulging out of his head. Litterally, soon the both were popped out their sockets and were just swinging on the side of his head.

I let out gasps of air that were meant to be screams, but i had nothing. Then they fell to the forest floor detataed from his body next to his ears. He stoped shaking, and i could tell that things were only going to get worse from here. I stood up as fast as i could, as my knees didnt want to stay sturdy. I grabbed Demitris hand and pulled "We need to get out of here!" I said in a desperate whisper. He nodded and pulled me along as he took off in a brisk walk back into the thicket of the forest. I was just about to go with him when i planted my feet in the ground and made him stop. I let go of his hand and ran back to Luke.

"Come on Luke, we need to go or we are going to die!" I said desperatly trying to pick him up, but all of this was just making me weak.

He shrugged me off and then looked me directly in the eyes. "Can you see!?!?! We are Already dead!!! Theirs not way out!! We might as well just give up, and wait here for death to come!" He yelled at me.

I stepped back away from him, not wanting to have heard all that. Not wishing that it was true.

"Dont listen to him Alyx!! Demitri yelled, grabbing my hand and pulled me to look at him. "Theres always hope!" He said softly, and kissed me.

The kiss was sweet and soft, nothing like how Demitri is. It sent tingles through out my body, and it made me feel as if i were some where safe rather than probably only seconds away from death.

I pulled away as i heard Luke scream, and then it sounded as if he were drowning. I looked and saw that Benson was standing is eyes the color of the beetles shells, and he had slit Lukes throat.

My knees gave way, and i started to fall, but Demitri put a arm under my arm, and kept me on my feet. "Run!" He said. I turned to look at him, and he wasnt looking at me, instead was looking at Benson. I followed his eyes, and there sticking straight Benson's palm. And sticking out of his palm looking like a stick, but it had a very sharp looking tip, that must have cut Lukes throat. I just stood there staring at it.

Demitri gave my hand a squeeze, that i had not notice he had grabbed. And started to run, i ran away with him. I let go of his hand, and to my surprise i was flying through the forest. I wanted to get away i had to get away. Demitri was right, even if we may be close to death, there is always hope. And i feel there is hope that me and Demitri will get away from this, and live together forever.

'Wait what?! When did i start to love Demitri, when did i want to be with him forever?! DEMITRI HAD KISSED ME!' Thoughts came to my mind. I looked next to me, he was running just as fast if not faster next to me. His hair swept back by the wind, showing off his well sculpted face. I really did love him, who knew that death can bring you love?

As i kept running and not looking back, i finally saw a white sanded beach. I took off as fast as i possibly could, and once i reached the beach, i just fell down.

The sand felt like a safety blanket. Its warmth it had soaked up during the day. Its clean, fresh air smell. It was bright and sunny, just nothing like the forest. Nothing like it at all. I rolled over onto my back, and let the warmth, warm my face. I did feel safe, but i knew i was far from being safe. I closed my eyes, just taking in the deeps breath, deciding to catch my breath. When the light of the sun had shown through my eye lids had vanished, and a dark shadow had replaced it. I instantly opened my eyes, and as soon as i did a hand was put over my mouth.