Culinaria L'amore Chapter Eleven

Start from the beginning

I raised my eyebrows at this. Didn't they call players 'rakes' during the Victorian era?

"Until he met Mira. Apparently he thought that Mira was his slavation. They had a so called 'connection' and dated for about a year and a half until recently, when she claimed to be tired of the relationship and just got off her skinny little ass and moved to god damn New York." Toben sounded incredibly angry so I gently touched his left arm, trying to sooth him.

"That's why Garrett seems like a massive jerk. He's still hurting, first from Teresa, though it may not be her fault completely, then Mira. I tell you Kirsten, he can't suffer another heartbreak because if it happens, I don't know if he can survive it."

We were silent, each in our own thoughts until Toben suddenly looked over at me and whispered in a low tone, "The reason I'm telling you this is because the looks he gives you are the looks that he once gave Teresa and Mira. It's the look of a completely vulnerable guy falling in love wiith this gorgeous innocent girl that doesn't like following instructions and has a bad attitude. However, he doesn't know that you like him in return because he can be so dense and blind to love. That's why Kirsten? If you ruin this for him and you, you're dead."

The seriousness in Toben's voice shocked and scared me.

"The reason I'm so upset that he asked you to this dinner date payback what ever the hell it is, is because he's being a wimp by not actually getting down on one fucking knee and asking you out like a proper guy. He used to be so confident, not in the arrogant cocky way, that you would just relax. But ever since his horrid relationships, that guy's scared to get rejected. If you don't like him Kirsten, please don't be a clingy brat and lead him on. I have a feeling that you're definitely the perfect match for him so please make him and everyone around him happy."

"H-how do you know that I would be the perfect match for him? I'm just a regular girl who is an enrolled student at this school who just happens to be a friends of these famous people." I managed to whisper, sitting up and staring at Toben in loss.

Toben gave me a wry smile. "Trust me, I know it when its a perfect match. I'm fucking Cupid."

I didn't know if he meant that he was Cupid or the other possible definition which the f-word was used in context, but I decided not to comment on it.

********************

Garrett's POV (yay!)

At first when I heard Toben talk to Kirsten about my past, I was furious. Standing next to my about-to-be date's slightly ajar door, I could easily hear my bastard of a friend's voice tell her the story of Theresa. My heart seemed to squeeze painfully for a second as he mentioned the whole scandal but then I heard Kirsten's soft voice and immediately I felt better.

Frowning at my balck polished shoes, I mulled over the mysterious girl that was on the other side of the door. Kirsten made me feel things that I had never felt before, not even with Teresa, a girl who I saw everyday for three years. How strange was it that she could comfort me, make me forget my twisted life with just a smile, a touch?

Kirsten just had this way of making me laugh, making me feel emotions. Her sarcasm and quick yet sharp tongue wanted me to either playfully snap at her or break out into fits of laughter.

But I didn't deserve a beautiful, intelligent girl like her. I was messed up, rotting from the inside out, who used to like smoking, even though I was trying to quit.

Not to mention that I was too big of a pussy to properly ask her out. Instead, this dumbass just had to hide his true feelings by asking out his dream girl on a date that she 'owed' him. God, how stupid could he possible get?

I sighed in frustration as I paced the hallway outside. Trying not to start cussing under my breath, I tried to calm myself down. Once I started ranting to myself in third person that meant something was wrong. Guys were not suppose to have these feelings, especially not after having their heart broken by two women.

The one thing Toben had failed to mention was the fact that Teresa had gotten pregnant, even before the son of a bitch blackmailed her. I knew it couldn't be my baby for the birthday of the baby boy didn't match up with when we first had sex.

There was no possibility that Teresa had stayed faithful to me when we were dating.

No damn possibility.

I heard Toben's voice this time louder breaking me out of my annoying yet tormenting thoughts. " so tell me Kirsten, if I wasn't mistaken, I heard you say that Mira stole your boyfriend in high school?"

I immediately stiffened at the mention of Mira Withers. At first, she had been the girl I had been looking for, sweet and kind. Now we were in the falling out stage where she didn't give a shit if she cheated on me but only wanted to be on the cover of People.

"Listen Toben." Kirsten muttered sadly. "It's almost time for me to go. But I promise to tell you the full story once I get the chance to."

Toben muttered something I couldn't hear and a pair of footsteps started making their way to the door. Quickly, I knocked on it, hoping that the person standing behind it wouldn't get suspicious.

Kirsten opened the door, surprise written on her beautiful face. I couldn't help but let my gaze travel down her body, enjoying what I was seeing. She was dressed up in a stunning and flattering dress and there was a natural glow about her that almost made me lose my breathe.

'Damn it.' I thought to myself, rearranging my face and putting up a cool front as Toben came up behind her. 'Garrett, stop falling for her. She's your student goddamn it! Plus she doesn't know you like her either!'

I grimaced, my cool facade slipping off for a second. 'And she won't know for a while.' I thought grimly.

********************

The second I opened the door, the pained expression on Garrett's face made me feel horrible and worried at thet same time. There could be no way Garrett had listened to our entire conversation. But the look on him face made me think the opposite.

His expression turned from pain the surprise then a blank face in less than a second. He slowly trailed his captivating grey eyes up my body, making my blush and feel uncomfortable, in a good way. Then his eyes connected with mine and they seemed to soften. I could feel myself mentally swoon, and not just from his impeccably good looks in a crisp black suit and gold tie that matched my dress perfectly.

"Look, we match." Garrett said softly, a gentle undertone lying in his voice. He gave me a genuine crooked smile and I took his arm, enjoying the smell of vanilla.

Toben came behind us, making 'aahh'ing noises causing Garrett to give him his famous glare. Toben cackled at Garrett's facial expression before muttering, "Have fun you two love birds, eh?"

Garrett snapped back, a little too harsh. "We're not on a date dumbass. Just a friendly gathering."

For some reason, sadness fell over me as I looked at the ground, trying to hide my disappointment at his word choice..

"Whatever you say bro." Toben replied, giving me a sympathetic look.

"Well we're leaving now Toben. Enjoy your night."

"You two too. Haha aren't I just the comedian?" He said, trying to lighten up the slightly tense mood.

"Yeah, yeah, we're leaving now Toben. Bye." Garrett muttered, tugging on my hand.