Ch 2

You woke up to gentle fingers lightly smoothing themselves over your collar bone. They moved up towards your face and traced your nose, brow bone, and Cupid's bow. You loved it when Cas would wake you up like this. It was so soothing and it made you burrow deeper in the covers. You pressed your bare body against his and nuzzling your face in the crook of his neck. You felt a feather light kiss on your hairline and you played mindlessly with the hairs along the nape of his neck.

Last night was amazing. Cas held you and loved you and in that moment took all of your worry away. You were still trying to come to terms with being pregnant. It did not even feel like you were, but now you had the responsibility of nurturing something that probably looked like a grain of rice. Back in your high school days you were randomly thrown in a baby class, but not much of the information stuck in your brain. You never thought you would have kids. Even then you knew you'd be a hunter for the rest of your life, being in this situation was something you had never considered. But at least you had Cas. He would stay with you and help you along. You figured it could be much worse. The idea of Cas rubbing and whispering gushy words to your swollen belly amused you. You doubted he would be like that, but he always surprised you.

"Good morning," you whispered sleepily to your angel and looked up at him.

"Good morning, Y/N. How are you doing?" He asked, lifting his head slightly off the pillow.

God, he was gorgeous. His black hair stuck out at perfect angles. He had light stubble along his jaw, full pink lips parted slightly, long eyelashes fanning out above his Prussian blue eyes. At this point, you were thinking if your child was a boy how beautiful he would be.

"I'm doing fine," you say, stretching,"no symptoms yet though,"

He regarded you thoughtfully,"it must still be very early. What symptoms are usually common?"

"Well, from what I know I'll get morning sickness and cravings and mood swings," you say blinking the sleep from your eyes.

"Hm," he replied. He placed his hand under the covers and onto your lower abdomen. You met his hand with yours and you both lay there deep in thought.

"Can you sense it?" You ask curiously. He looks down at you and smiled.

"Yes."

"What can you sense?" You inquired.

He paused for a moment. You guessed he was trying to sense your child through his hand to gain a better insight.

"I can sense it's soul. It is very tiny, and I can only sense it by touch to you. I have to focus very hard as well. That is why I was unaware before. It is slowly melding with your soul, and I can only presume it will get stronger as the pregnancy progresses," he responds with curious fascination.

"That's beautiful," you murmur in awe.

"Yes. It is.. I know nothing about children or pregnancy. I'm afraid I don't know what to expect," he said, visibly concerned.

"Hey," you say, rolling back over to him and placing your hand against his shoulder while drawing circular patterns,"I don't know much either. But we will learn together. There's no doubt in my mind that you'll be an amazing father,"

That earned you a smile, and you smiled back triumphantly. He leaned down and kissed you sweetly on the lips.

"Well I would love to lay here all day, but I think we owe Sam and Dean an explanation on our absence last night," you say, pulling back from the kiss.

You slowly rose from your bed and made your way to the closet. You felt Cas's eyes on you and still your chest fluttered. When he would admire you when you weren't looking, you knew it would never get old. You had a bra and a pair of lacy panties on when you felt Cas's gentle arms around your waist. You leaned back into him.