Chapter One

Emelia quietly closed the door taking a deep breath as she gently dropped her large duffle bag onto the floor. She peeled off her black facemask and took off her worn leather gloves. She layed her gloves on the desk catching a glimpse of herself in the mirror. Her long, thick dark brown hair was tied back but her bangs had slipped out framing her dirty face. She leaned closer looking at her tired eyes noticing a red smear. She frowned moving away from the mirror quickly, almost tripping over her large duffle bag. She gritted her teeth whipping around before stopping herself from kicking it in frustration. She shoved it under her desk gently instead and stripped off her tight black shirt and leather jacket. After taking off the jacket she carefully inspected it before handing it on a lonley coat hook. She slipped out of her dark tights and folded them neatly before tucking her boots under her bed. She reached by the bottom drawer grabbing for her worn sweats frowning at the small layer of dust on her drawer. She stood up wincing as she held her head swinging a hand out to steady herself. She attempted to slow her breathing as she moved painfully slow towards the bathroom.
Emelia closed her eyes gripping the bathroom sink tightly as she took a slow breath in and out. Her head swam with a dizzyness that just wouldnt let up. She opened one eye as she reached to open the mirror which held a cabinet full of first aid and medicine. She dug around continuing to take slow breaths until she found a small orange pill bottle. She chewed a small, white pill, then slowly put her head under the sink for water to was it down. She sighed loudly as the dizzyness subsided. She let go of the ceramic sink and stretched her tense fingers not even batting an eye as the bathroom door was practically knocked down, as her bestfriend Alyssa came running in. "Em i have got to tell you about this hot guy in my calculus class! Hes not even the nerdy ty-" Alyssa cut herself off as Emelia attempted a half smile while rubbing her forhead looking away from Alyssa's gaze. "Oh Em, did you have another dizzy spell? You're supposed to take the Meclizine regularly to prevent it." Alyssa gently pushed back a strand of Emelia's dark brown hair. Emelia waved her bestfriends hand off and rolled her eyes leaning against the wall, "I was busy with work and i lost track of time.." she smiled turning away from her friend as she put the medicine up. Alyssa gasped audibly moving closer to Emelia, "Em are you bleeding? Is that blood on the sink?" Emelia swallowed breathing deep to remain calm, "Yea i must have cut my finger, im fine though." She looked around to change the subject before her friend could ask more questions, "Hey Alllllllyyyyy, i love you but i need to shower. So can you so kindly move your precious ass out of the bathroom?" She scooted Alyssa out of the bathroom while she protested stubbornly. Emelia closed the door and slid down holding her head. She took a shakey breath in and looked down at hands, there was dried blood under her nails and still wet blood on her ring and middle finger. She grabbed a towel ripping a small part of it before wrapping her fingers up to stop the bleeding. How stupid can i be? How did i not notice my fingers bleeding when i was putting my shit up? She stood up and grabbed her sweats off the ground, neatly folded them, then laid them on the toilet as she ran the hot water for a shower. She scrubbed the ceramic sink clean using the opposite hand, the one that wasnt currently bleeding. "Em! Are you ok?" Alyssas voice was muffled by the door but the concern was obvious. She stood up sighing out angerly, clenching her fist repedatly. "Yea just about to hop in the shower, you know how long the water takes to heat up," she strained her voice to sound humorous as she started at herself in the mirror. She needed to be more careful, she was getting sloppy.

Hey guys! First chapter, first book. Wohoooooo, i really gope you enjoyed it and youll stick around to see what happens. :D
~RenaHawk