----------------------------

I woke up to white walls and a chemical smell. Where the hell was I? I looked to my left and he filled my sight. Logan. Logan Howell was sitting next to me in the school medical room. 

"W-w-what happened?" God, could I never form a coherent sentence around this guy?

"You fainted, I took you to the medical office." His voice was like velvet, and instantly calmed my frazzled nerves.

"Oh. T-thanks." Shit, I could see it now. Him carrying me - looking like a total tool, probably with dribble coming out of her mouth - out of the biology class and down all the corridors all the way here. Ugh. My cheeks began to burn. 

I probably looked like shit now in my t-shirt and trackpants. Why was he still here? It was probably lunch time, he could have been with Chelsea or something (ugh). That confused me, why was he here? I mean, I was just some idiot who couldn't even sit through a dissection. I must be a total wimp in his eyes.

That brought me back to what happened yesterday afternoon. If he could take down Brad Johnson, the freaking football captain, why was he covered in bruises? I shuddered to think of the type of person who could do that to him.

"You d-didn't have to s-stay you know. You can just l-l-leave, if you want to, I mean, you want to, right?" 

His mouth quirked up, "Do you wanna lift home?"

----------------------------

Shit. Shit shit shit. If you had told me a week ago that today I would be standing next to Logan Howell's motorbike about to get on I would have laughed in your face and asked for fifty dollars. I couldn't even believe it myself.

"You actually want me to get on that deathtrap? It'll kill me!" He just chuckled. I couldn't stop staring at him as he laughed. I had never seen him smile before and I felt incredible that it was me making him laugh, just me, plain old Liv.

"It's not that big a deal, you just have to grab a hold of me. And don't let go, otherwise you'll definitely die."

"Thanks for the encouragement." And I hopped on behind him.

If I had realised how close riding a motorbike with Logan Howell would mean, I would not have agreed. I was curled around him, my chest on his back. He could probably feel my boobs. This day was actually getting worse. Ugh.

He stiffened up as soon as I put my arms around his waist and I cringed. Was I really that horrible? Just as he started up the motorbike the bell rang for lunch hour. Uh-oh. Students poured out of the school trying to grab a spot on the grass or the steps to eat their lunch. Which means they had the perfect view of me and my akward ass trying to ride a motorbike. Ugh. How peachy.

I felt a hundred pairs of eyes zero in on us as Logan started the engine.

"Okay, I'm gonna acclerate in 3,2,1." 

The rush was so totally amazing. For one, it was a lot faster than I thought and my arms tightened considerably. Secondly I could barely see a thing the wind was so fast so I laid my cheek onto his back. This time I definitely felt a tensing so I asked, "hey, you alright?"

He breathed shakily before answering like nothing was wrong, "Nope, question is are you alright?" And he took a turn, tight and low to the ground. 

I screamed, but I laughed as well. And so did he. One of those sincere laughs that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. I felt so good, I had so much adrenaline that when he finally dropped me off at the end of my street I was almost tempted to ask for another round, but when I thought back to how he and Chelsea were obviously in a relationship my mood died immediately.

He got off and turned around to help me, and I was struck by just how perfect he really was. The cuts and bruises just highlighted his cheekbones and jaw and his eyes, that perfect mixture of blue and green just took my breath away.

I realised I was staring and quickly jumped off and walked away. He grabbed my hand, "hey, don't I even get a thankyou for dropping you off?" I looked up scared, but then I realised he was joking. 

"Sorry. Yes. Thankyou, thankyou so much."

"Hey, I'm not a monster, gimme a hug."

And I did. I felt so safe in his arms, like nothing could ever go wrong. We fit together like a puzzle and I just knew he was "The One". I knew I just met him yesterday and I knew absolutely nothing about him and was relying totally on my unreliable hormones but it felt like I should be together with him forever.

But then I remembered Chelsea. Chelsea and her g-string butt. Ugh. I quickly withdrew and muttered, "see you round." I couldn't believe I had fallen for his bad boy charms. Charms that he'd probably used to get into every girl's pants in my school. How was I so weak? Ugh.

As I closed the door to my house, I caught a glimpse of his face, and my stomach dropped. He looked so hurt. His arm was still out stretched to me, but as soon as his stare locked with mine, his eyes hardened and I couldn't get through to his soul underneath. He hopped on his motorbike and drove away.

God, I'd fucked it up hadn't I. Ugh.

----------------------------

He didn't come back to school for the next week. I didn't know what to do with myself. I tried to act normally but my friends could see something was up, especially Zoe. She tried to get me to tell her what was wrong but I wasn't ready to tell her. Not yet.

Things at home were normal. As normal as a drunk and abusing Dad could get. On Wednesday I forgot to add parsley into the spaghetti sauce. I covered up the bruises pretty well but if you looked hard enough, you could see the shadow of them on my cheek and arms. I cried myself to sleep everynight too. I was such a failure, I couldn't even put parsley into spaghetti sauce right.

I thought that on Friday night I needed a break. A break from Logan and from my Dad. I threw on my Nike Pros and Nike Free Runs and Nike sports bra and went on a run. I was so self conscious of my body. 

I sprinted down the drive way and ran all the way to the park and I was breathing heavily when I got there. Sweat dripped down my face, ugh, I hoped nobody from school saw me.

I walked over to some grass and began to do some exercises. I stretched my long, tan legs and did some crunches. You could see my abs. Maybe one day I could wear a bikini and be comfortable with my body, but then I scoffed. As if.

I knew I was ugly. I would never be as pretty as Miranda Kerr or Adriana Lima, because of course my life ambition was to wear underwear for a living. 

I got up and walked over to the lake. It was so peaceful. I stood watching the sun set over the water and I thought about how deep life was for a few minutes before I went to leave the park. But then I heard footsteps. There was only one person I knew who wore a black t-shirt, black jeans and black boots with a black leather jacket.

Logan. His long silver necklace glinted in the dying sunlight and his stormy eyes stared into mine. I opened my mouth but before I even got to utter the word 'hey', his gaze flicked down my body and up again. I felt fire erupt where he looked. Why did I still feel this way about him? I disgusted myself. Ugh.

He swallowed heavily and then kept walking as if I didn't exist. Deep inside me, some part of my heart that was still whole, broke in two. Ugh.

----------------------------

Woo! An update! Thanks for all the reads and votes, we literally expected 10 reads for the first chapter and we appreciate every comment. Keep voting! xxx - S & D.

#stopsummersberry