Chapter 20: The Unholy One Verses The Peterson Family

Start from the beginning

"Well, I'm sorry Elizabeth," principal Kenmore said.

Everyone laughed as the principal said Lizzy's real name.

"But they won fair 'n' square, plus yours," he put a finger in his ear "was a bit...how do you teenagers say it these days...trashy.

She huffed and stormed off stage, followed by her friends, to the back doors.

And I all I did was watch and smile.

As I walked down the stairs with my iPhone in my back pocket, Zoe came down with me. I had my hair in a ponytail and was wearing the black hoodie that Brad gave me after the contest. In the front it said 'Got Goth?' and in the back it said 'Only Goths Would Know.'

"Mom, I'll be back soon," I say. "I'm taking Zoe out for a walk."

"Okay," she said. "Don't be out to long."

I grabbed Zoe's letch and hooked it into Zoe's harness. "I won't, see you later." I opened the door and walked out with Zoe.

*30 minutes later*

We walked all the way to the forest and saw a draw figure and stopped. I dropped Zoe's letch, speed-walk to him, and hugged him tightly. I heard Zoe barking but, I ignored her and kept hugging Brad.

He stroked the back of my hair and hugged me.

"Brad," I say. "I really love you."

He gripped the back of my shirt. "I love you too...but, I need your blood." His voice was a bit darker and scratchy. He grips the back of my shirt more and I felt his nails digging into my skin.

"Brad?" I questioned. I looked up at him and he smiled evilly. As I looked more closely at him he was wearing glasses and his eyes were dark red. This is not Brad. It's Jackson.

"Missed me?" he ask, sympathetically.

I tried breaking free from his grasp but, he held me tighter until I gave up. I was getting ready to smack him but, he caught my arm and leaned me backwards.

"Doesn't this seem...romantic to you?"

I frowned. "No, it doesn't. It makes me want to vomit."

"Oh...then let me change it up a bit." He pulled me forward and spun me around as he rests his head on my neck. He held onto my arms and wrapped both his and mines above my waist. "Is this better," he said, rubbing the side of his face around my neck.

"No, it's not. You just made it worst," I say, not looking at him.

His snake-like tongue licked the side of my face and down my neck.

Zoe started barking again and ran up to Jackson, ready to attack.

"Fabio, get the mutt," Jackson yelled to his right.

Just as when Zoe was about to attack Jackson's face, the young teenage boy that I saw in my vision appeared out of the trees and caught Zoe just inches from Jackson's face.

"What do you want me to do with the dog, master?" Fabio ask, his voice not sounding dark or scary but, deep.

"Get rid of it," Jackson said.

"No!" I yelled.

Fabio looked into my eyes with his bright crimson ones and nodded at Jackson as he took Zoe away from us.

"You," I say. "...monster!"

Jackson smiled and chuckled. "A monster am I?" he asks. "Then let me show you how monstrous I can be." He dropped me to the ground and started turning into his demon-self.