Who Really Knows Anyway--A CrissColfer Fanfiction

Comenzar desde el principio

Chris detatched himself. He felt Darren's pain. He and his boyfriend Andy had broken up the month before. It probably hadn't been as horrible as this was for Darren, though, because Chris hadn't really loved Andy. Sure, he liked him well enough, but he had mostly dated him to make Darren jealous. His attempt was obviously in vain.

Now here Darren stood, his gorgeous eyebrows wet with tears, and Chris had an idea.

"You know what? You're going to sit down on the couch, I'm going to make some popcorn, and we're going to watch Harry Potter. Your choice on which movie. Alright?"

Darren smiled for the first time all night. "You always know just what will make me feel better."

As Chris smiled back and headed for the kitchen, his stomach filled with happy butterflies.

That's stupid, he thought, Darren only meant that in a friend-like way. He's straight, remember? And he's your best friend.

But he couldn't help it. Chris' heart felt like the popcorn kernels popping in the microwave.

He walked back to the living room. "Which one do you pick?"

"Sorcerer's Stone," Darren replied with a weak smile, "It's definitely the happiest."

Chris smiled. Darren's adorable obsession with Harry Potter always made him grin. He kneeled beside his movie cabinet and found the disc. Then he stood up, popped in the DVD, and handed Darren the remote.

"You wanna skip through the previews? I'm going to get the popcorn," Chris told him.

Darren nodded and looked up into Chris' eyes, almost as if he was analyzing his expression. "Thank you," he said.

"For what?" Chris stopped halfway out of the room.

There was that adorable shrug again. Darren smiled sadly back.

A moment later, Chris returned to the sound Hedwig's Theme, popcorn bowl in hand.

"Hi," he said, sitting down on the couch with Darren. The cushy leather made him slide down, and their legs touched. Chris sat for a moment, allowing himself a few seconds of bliss. Then he quickly scooted away, because a moment longer and Chris might've acted on his urge to grab Darren and kiss him. Hard.

Darren's sad eyes flicked to Chris, then over to the TV screen. He pressed play. The movie began, and Chris grabbed the purple fleece blanket from the armchair next to him and laid it on top of Darren. Then he settled back, and enjoyed the fact that he was sitting with Darren, watching Harry Potter on a Wednesday night. If he closed his eyes, he could almost imagine that Darren was his boyfriend, ready to kiss him on the cheek when the boys' favorite character, Albus Dumbledore, came on screen. But it couldn't be.

As the amount of popcorn in the bowl waned and the Gringotts scene came on screen, Chris began to doze off. It had been a long week, with lots of scenes for his character, Kurt. Maybe if he just closed his eyes for a second, he would feel more awake.

Darren looked over at Chris for the umpteenth time that evening. He was fast asleep. Darren smiled. He must've been so tired after all of the rehearsals and filming he had had to do this week. He probably would be out like a log for the next few hours.

In that case, Darren thought, I guess it couldn't hurt to...

Darren inched closer and closer to Chris' warmth. He moved the blanket so that they were both covered, then slowly, he leaned into Chris. His shirt was soft, and Darren snuggled into it. He had sat with him like this before, but always as Kurt and Blaine. It had been scripted, not real. Darren felt bad cuddling up against Chris while he was asleep; he was taking advantage of him! Chris almost certainly didn't want to snuggle with him, after all, the two were friends, and even though Chris was gay, Darren was sure Chris had never thought about him that way.