"pancakes!" he beamed.

"well lucky for you i'm pretty great at making pancakes." i say.

"whatever you say dun, let's go make pancakes." he giggles.

•••

tyler's pov
making pancakes with josh was actually kinda fun. we ended up with pancake mix all over our clothes. josh just had to throw some at my face.

"hey tyler watch this." josh smirked.
he managed to flip the pancake but it ended up on the ceiling.

"nice job dumbass." i teased. he glared at me and threw more pancake mix at me.

"you're lucky that didn't get in my hair. if it did you would be a dead man dun." i glared.

he just shrugged and continued to make the pancakes. we didn't have much batter left since we kept throwing scoops of it at each other, we ended up with a small stack enough for us to share. after drowning them with syrup i took a bite a literally moaned.

"fuck josh these are actually really good." he just chucked.

"what did i tell you? i'm the best. you actually doubted me huh?" he said.

"i didn't think they would be this good." i shrugged.

we finished our pancakes and washed our plates. i looked at my phone and noticed it was close to midnight.

"let's go upstairs. i can give you some clothes you can borrow." i just nodded. we headed to his room and he went straight to his dresser. he grabbed out a random shirt and some sweatpants and threw them at me. i went into his bathroom and got changed and walked out. i noticed josh only had sweatpants on and they were hanging really low. my breathe hitched and i tried my best not to stare.

"it's kinda late, you can stay the night if you want." josh broke the silence.

"yeah let me just text my mom to let her know." he just nodded.

mommy ❤️: i'm staying at josh's house tonight. goodnight love you.

"all good?" josh asked. i nodded and gave him a small smile.

"well i'm actually really tired so you can sleep in here and i can sleep on the couch." josh said.

"n-no this is your house sleep in here i'll go sleep on the couch." i replied.

"i can't make you do tha-"

"no joshy, really it's fine." i gave him a reassuring smile.

"or you can sleep with me. i don't mind." he said quietly, he patted the spot next to him.

"u-h um okay" i went to lay next to him and he just chucked.

"don't worry tyler i'm not gonna do anything." i rolled my eyes.

"goodnight joshy."

"night bub." and with that i closed my eyes.

***

josh lays there in the hospital bed, the color from his face gone. his face so skinny, his cheekbones are very prominent. there are dark bags underneath his eyes. his eyes are closed and i can't see his captivating mocha eyes.

i sit next to him with one of his cold hands in my own clammy ones. tears don't stop streaming down my face.

he's gone.

i didn't get to tell him how i felt.

i loved him.

he's gone.

***

"tyler! wake up." josh keeps shaking me.

"what? what happened?" i asked confused. i rub my eyes and feel tears.

"you kept mumbling and shaking. you started crying not too long ago. are you okay?" he asks.

"uh yeah just a bad dream." i sigh.

"do you want to talk about it?" he says. i start to feel more tears fill up my eyes.

"y-you, y-you were g-gone. y-you d-died." i said shakily.

"oh c'mere." he pulls me into his arms and i cried into his shoulders. "i'm not going anywhere. i'm right here bub don't worry." he cooed.

"d-don't leave me j-joshy." i whimpered.

"i won't, it's okay." he continued to rub circles in my back.

"p-promise."

"i'm sorry bub i can't promise that. as much as i hate saying that, i can't promise that. i'll be with you for as long as i can, okay?" he sighed.

"o-okay." i yawned.

"let's go back to sleep, yeah?" i nodded.

"night joshy." i whispered in his chest.

"night bub." he kissed my forehead.

i fell asleep in josh's arms, his heartbeat was the last thing i heard before i dozed off.

•••

a/n: i am so sorry that i haven't updated. i don't know why i had so much struggle writing this chapter. this was such a bad chapter i'm sorry. oh and if there are any mistakes just tell me, i didn't edit it.  the next one should be their first date. thanks for being patient with me. also thanks for the votes/comments and all that jazz.