higher love.

Request: Can I please have a Johnson imagine where he comes home late and Y/N can tell he's high and tries to be angry at him but he's being really cute?

As my eyelids began to droop and the images on the TV screen grew blurry, I sighed and rubbed at my eyes before deciding it was time to hit the hay. Jack promised he would be home in time to watch at least one movie with me, but here I am, three movies later, with no boyfriend present. Looking over at the clock on the DVR, I told myself that if he wasn't here in ten minutes, I'd go to sleep.

Those ten minutes were quite a haze, as I hadn't even realized I almost dozed off until I heard the door open rather loudly.

"Shh! Y/N might be asleep." I detected Johnson's voice and Gilinsky's incoherent mumbles of opposition. They walked into the living room, and I sat up, startling both of them when Gilinsky turned the lights on.

"Fuck, don't do that!" He complained as he pressed his hand to his chest. I honestly couldn't bother to be the slightest bit amused by their fright. I was tired, cranky, and a little bit peeved that they came home so late. Not to mention that an overwhelming stench of marijuana came trailing in the room after them.

"Where have you been?" I questioned instead, pushing a hand through my hair before crossing my arms. The pair looked at each other, and Gilinsky shrugged.

"I'm off to bed. Peace." He threw the deuces up while kicking his shoes off and heading up the stairs. My gaze reverted back to Johnson, who seemed pretty silent this whole time. He stood there staring with half-open eyelids, his lips parted in the slightest bit.

"Jack, really? You blew off our movie night to go smoke. How high are you?"

"Uh– 5′9″, I think." He answered, and I almost laughed. This boy's gone like the wind. Still, I had to scold him for blowing me off, in a way. I stood up and walked over to him, pulling on his arm so he'd follow me back to the couch. "Don't move so fast, Y/N." He mumbled, blinking a ridiculous amount of times.

"You're high as shit. Do you even understand what I'm saying right now?" I looked at him, and he stared back, and I took it that my words were just going in one ear and coming straight out the other. "God, what am I gonna do with you?" I shook my head, sighing as I leaned my chin on my hand. "I really wanted to watch movies with you tonight, Jack. I know this is silly, but our alone time means a lot to me." I mumbled despite the fact that it was like talking to a brick wall. I just kept staring at the ground as a source of comfort. All of a sudden, Jack reached his hand over and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"What's wrong, beautiful?" I looked up at him in disbelief, intending to stay angry, but I didn't stand a chance against those blue puppy eyes. Even when they were glazed over and red, they still had the same affect. Damn him.

"I just told you, dummy." He didn't seem to be listening to me as he played with the ends of my hair.

"You're so pretty."

"You're so high." None of my comments seemed to be affecting him one bit as he continued on in his own little world. My hair took the place of being the most interesting thing to him at the moment.

"Your hair is so soft." He whispered in awe, his eyes growing wide for a moment before dimming back to their normal size. "What kind of conditioner do you use?" I allowed myself to laugh this time. It was hopeless, and not to mention almost impossible, to be angry at him.

"It's from Lush." I answered as if he'd understand.

"So that's why it's so luscious!" He started to laugh, and I admit it was contagious. I watched as he gradually doubled over in laughter, landing his head in my lap. "Ahh..." He let out a breath. "I'm so tired, baby." He groaned, his muffled voice vibrating against my thighs and eliciting slight chuckles from me.

"I bet. You and Gilinsky were out late." I told him as I played with the hairs on the nape of his neck. For a couple minutes, he laid still in my lap, and I thought he had fallen asleep. However, he started tapping his fingers against my leg and then came the disoriented humming. "Is that a new song?" I questioned, just to keep his thoughts going.

"How did you know?" He asked in amazement as he turned onto his back to look up at me. I laughed softly, brushing my fingers through his hair.

"Just a wild guess." I shrugged.

"Oh babe, you're so smart." He gave me a lazy smile then reached his hand up to pat my cheek a little too hard. I'm not sure of it, but I think he thought he was hallucinating.

"Yeah, okay, thank you." I laughed uneasily while cupping his hand into both of mine.

"How did I get so lucky?" With his meditative tone and concentrated eyes, you'd never guess that he'd be so under the influence of weed. His words brought a small smile to my lips, and I leaned down to kiss his forehead. "You're so beautiful.. I love you." He brought his hand back up to my face, much gentler this time as he caressed my cheek with the back of his fingers.

"I love you too, Jack." I resumed the routine of playing with his hair until at last his eyes began to close.

"Will you sleep with me?" He slurred through the struggle of trying to keep his eyes open. He held my hand close to his chest as if to cling to me.

"Of course, baby. Just close your eyes now." I cooed, brushing my fingertip down the bridge of his nose, and he closed his eyes on instinct. I waited until his breathing grew deep and he no longer held a grip on my hand to settle back in the couch. As uncomfortable as it would be throughout the night, I was happy to have my alone time with him, finally.