Part 2

I broke from the sit-ups for what felt like the millionth time and lay limply on my carapace staring up at the ceiling. How does Raph do this? I mean, we're all physically fit and perfectly used to working out, but this was ridiculous. My arms already felt like jelly after doing Raph's usual push-up regimen.

With an exhausted sigh, and a small growl, I continued with the sit-ups. 81, 82, 83, 84...

I had been cataloguing everything that I had learned in my head. So far, I had learned three things: Purple was not Raph's color, Raph's dedication to his strength training was absolutely insane (and very admirable considering that I had never known him to skip a day, even after our battles with Shredder and that whole fiasco with the Technodrome he still made sure that he did all of his exercises) and lastly, doing push-ups on the handles of sais like Raph did was very near impossible. The bottoms of the handles were slightly rounded, so not only did you have to do push-ups, but you had to do your best to keep your balance as well.

...94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100

With an exhausted sigh I fell back onto the floor and lay limp. I felt like I was about to die from over-exertion. Anger welled up inside of me and I growled lowly before muttering to myself. "I'll pound him into the ground for making me do this."

"Hm, turning into Raph already I see."

My head lolled lazily to the side to see Donnie (wearing Mikey's mask of course). I ignored the cheeky remark and growled at him before turning my head away.

Don frowned. "You okay?"

I stared at him disbelievingly and groaned. "I feel like I'm going to die."

Donnie took a few steps closer so that he could look directly down at my face. "You're turning green. And I mean way more than usual."

I turned over onto my plastron and glared at him, "Now you sound like Mikey." I tried to get up but fell back to the ground. "I just need to rest for a minute. Just a minute." I said breathily.

There was a worried glint in Don's eyes and he took a seat beside me on the floor.

I looked over at him inquisitively and murmured, "Don't you have something to do?"

Don frowned at me, "I'm doing it." He showed me Mikey's agenda for the day, pointing to the second item on the list. Hang with Raf.

I sighed. "Alright, I have to polish and sharpen these sais. You're welcome to hang with me as long as you like."

—————————

Raph's POV

I took a good long look at the Shell Raiser. It was really beat up from the last time we used it. And I can also see why Don wanted to give it a wash, but first things first. Time for a tune up. Well before I start poking around I should probably check to see what kind of parts Don has available.

Come to think of it...where does he keep his parts? Hm. If I were a genius where I would I put spare parts? I thought as I glanced around the lab. My eyes landed on a deep cabinet at the back of the garage. Bingo. I opened it and smirked. Of course I was right.

Alright. I rolled my eyes. Don was way too organized. Everything was grouped according to size and function. Assorted wires, sparkplugs, fuel filters, air filters, belts and hoses were arranged neatly on the top shelf. I sighed. And of course Don puts the parts I need right where I can't reach them. Sometimes it's good to be a short turtle, but most of the time it really sucks.

I frowned. Then I remembered something. The bo. I reached back and grabbed it. I bet I could use it to get things down. I experimented a little, poking the items on the top shelf a little and trying to pull down one of the air filters. I knocked it off the shelf and caught it with one hand. I smirked at the bo in my hand. This thing might just be more useful than I thought.