s e v e n t e e n

chapter 17
mario's POV:
I heard the doorbell ring and i knew it was y/n. I ran to the door and opened it, making sure Clara was still in my room upstairs. I pulled her inside and closed the door. "Why is everyone so goddamn happy?" She asked sitting on the sofa. "Nothing we're just glad you're okay!" I said, the real reason in the back of my head. "No you're not that happy cuz I'm out of the hospital, whats the real reason?" She crossed her arms stubbornly and i sat next to her. "Oh remember the Clara thing?" She nodded. I felt it was an okay time to bring it up because we needed to stall her. "She's coming over so you guys can talk!" I said happily but she groaned. "I don't wanna talk to anyone right now," she said pouting and looking at the blank tv. "You're talking to me!" I said hoping she would agree so i could stall more. "Yeah you're one thing, you're my best friend Mario!" She said, her eyes boring into mine again. "Cmon please y/n?" I asked. She opened her mouth and closed it again. Ugh fine," i gave a weird squeal and felt my face get red. "Okay cool cuz she's already here! Clara!" I yelled up the stairs and heard panicky rustling. Clara appeared from the staircase grinning from ear to ear. While they were talking i got a text from y/n sister.
L: Hey Mario we're almost done its just a few more things.
M: Okay about how long will it take Laurel?
L: um 15? My moms finishing the cake.
M: Okay text me when you're done.
L: okay see ya   I put away my phone and saw y/n look at me and glance away quickly. I smiled and sat next to Clara. I heard something about Alex. Wasn't Alex the one they were bringing to stay with them? Next thing i knew, tears were dropping onto the floor. I look up and see y/n being comforted by Clara. "Hey uh Mario I gotta go," she stood up and i saw her flinch. "Oh- what? No y/n stay here," i said looking up at her. Her hair swept over her face and one of her eyes was visible over the curtain of it. She was so beautiful. No. Stop it Mario. "No I wanna go home i feel really sick," she said as she held her stomach. My phone rang and it was Laurel.
L: Ready. I looked up.  "Actually yeah. C'mon." I said and stood up. I heard y/n say something and Clara run up to her. They started to run to her house and I struggled to keep up with their fast pace. I felt the heat pick at my bare skin and burn it. I panted and came to a stop in front of their house. I saw people moving around inside from the window. I yelled for them to stop and wait. I was holding onto y/n until she managed to release herself from my grip. Clara gave me a death stare and walked inside. I saw y/n hugging her friend and then start talking to who must be Alex. He kissed her and they were all happy and snuggly until she saw us.
***we went upstairs and we're watching a movie when Clara walked into the room. "Oh uh hey," she said looking around at the mess of wrappers and soda cans. "Cake," she said simply and left. "What theres cake?" Y/n shot up and ran downstairs. We followed suit and entered the kitchen. Y/n's mom was cutting a beautifully decorated cake covered in icing flowers and hearts. She put fairly large slices in plates and passes one to each of us. We thanked her and sat down. I sat down and saw y/n looking down at her plate. She was staring off and i snapped my fingers in front of her face. She flinched and looked up. "Oh hey," she grinned nervously and ate a small piece of cake.•••• I enjoy food on a spiritual level:)