Step 2- T H I N K

Okay, let's take a moment to discuss how cliche books are taking over Wattpad.

Who thinks that this is sad?

At least, I do.

We all have heard the saying 'think out of the box' at least once in our lifetime but, who tried it?

Not even 10% of people.

If this isn't a chance to shine, then I don't know what is.

This is your chance to be in those 10% of people who thought outside of the box. This is your chance to do something more than transforming the town bad boy into a nerd's lap dog. All you have to do is decide where you want to be, where you belong- with a crowd of 90% minds or with 10% extraordinary brains.

The moment you decide that you belong with the people who have something more than cliche, you'll leave 90% of the people behind even if you stay unnoticed for some time.

I did the same.

Tell me, how many times have you read that the best friend of protagonist FORCED her into skimpy outfit with makeup? or the only cause of problems in main character's life is because of their father? or the protagonist almost got raped at a party that she was FORCED to go in and the hero saved the DAMSEL IN DISTRESS? or a break up based on cheating or death? or the BLONDE cheerleader vowed to make lead's life hell? or a MALE billionaire played with feelings of FEMALE PA in name of love? 

  (I hate stereotypes)   

Why do we not think beyond that? 

Almost 90% of writers here are female but still they demean themselves by classing women as damsel in distress. 

WHY THE FUCK?!

Is cancer the only disease that claims life? Are bad boys the only kind of boys that deserve love?

Why is that when we term a boy as player, he is suddenly a bad boy but when we so much as show a girl in short clothes, she is suddenly a slut? Why is that girls wail about not being 'model type' but still get bad boys but the good guys always taste heartbreak? Why do the girls that vow that they hate bad boys, fall for their charms? Why is every boy bff in love with main protagonist instead of the other girl bff?

WHY?!

Why is our imagination limited to stereotypes?

*Takes a deep breath while pinching the bridge of nose.*

What I am trying to say is that, think beyond the imaginable. Surprise your audience no matter how small it is. Because no matter how nicely you put the same storyline in words, at the end of the day, you're repeating the same thing. Eventually, people will get bored and start overlooking these kind of books. 

Add creative moments in your story no matter how small they are. Not every girl needs a hoodie from a boy to survive. There can be cute and original moments beyond that too.

Now, do you understand the importance of originality?