A True Fan

Bea's POV

"No. You are not going out like that." Danny said.

"You're not our dad Danny, I can do what I want. I'm an adult, though you never seem to notice." I said. I pulled my maroon Crop top down a little.

My little belly button piecing, which was a moon coincidently, was still showing. My light and slightly ripped jeans contrasted with my brown ankle boots. I put a little brown cardigan on, to match the boots.

"These people might be really professional Beatrice." He said.

"And they also might be regular people." I said. He rolled his eyes and we walked out.

"You- you look great." He said. I smiled.

"You do too." He had on a t-shirt, but it was contrasted with his jeans and his jacket. And his scarf too. But he pulled it off nicely.

We hopped in the cab, and we were shaking with anxiety.

"What do you think they'll be like?" He asked.

"I don't know... What do you think they're gonna ask us?"

"I don't know... Why did they pick us?"he replied.

"I really don't know... But what if we aren't the only ones?" I look to him. I pull my blonde hair out of my face and put it into a bun. I pull little pieces put, making it a little messy.

At that time, the cab came to the stop.

"Alright, $18.79 the cab driver says. I hand him a 20 and tell him to keep the change, but truth be told I just didn't wanna wait for him to hand me my change. We jumped out of the cab and as soon as we did I heard a familiar voice.

"Danny? Beatrice?" She called. I turned around to see her shiny red hair and her lips curled into a smile.

"Henley!!!!" I called. We hugged and she awkwardly shook my brother'a hands. Maybe it was because they were a thing before she stopped working with us. I didn't blame her though. Danny said she was only our assistant, and now we don't even have one of those.

"So you guys got cards too?" She said, holding up hers.

"Yeah. I'm you guys stay down here, I'll go check it out." Danny said.

"You're not my dad." I said.

"I'm not your assistant anymore Danny." Henley called, and we walked along with him. We walked up to the 6th floor and saw the apartment door. And a man in a fedora standing in front of it.

"Oh, ok let me be the first to kick my ego to the curb by saying we aren't the only ones chosen for this. Merritt McKinney, and you are, don't tell me... Hailey? Helen? Henley!" He exclaims.

"It's on your coffee cup, dear." I retort. "I've seen what you do, mentalist right?" I asked. He just nodded. Danny and I held out our hands.

"Daniel and Bea Atlas. Illusionists." Danny introduced. Merritt used both his hands to shake ours. Then we heard footsteps from behind us.

"No way." I hear. I turn around to meet eyes with him. He smiled.

"Beatrice Atlas!" He yelled. Danny turned around with a look of concern plastered on his face.

"And J. Daniel Atlas!" He yelled. He rushed over to us and shook our hands.

"I have seen everything you've ever done, I'm such a big fan I-I mean I idol you guys." He stuttered.

"Aww thank you." I smiled. He smiled back.

"Can I just saw you are so much more beautiful in person. Like wow." He said.

"Ok ok, let's just get inside now." Danny said, grabbing my shoulders gently.

"Can't. It's locked." Merritt said.

"Oh no, no nothing's ever locked." The boy smirked. He walked over to the door and picked it open.

"Wait did you guys get cards?" Merritt asked.

Henley held hers up "the high priestess." She said. Merritt showed his. "The hermit" he said. Daniel held his up. "The lover." He rolled his eyes. Henley coughed.

"Three minutes." She said. I laughed hard, throwing my head back.

"Um, Jack Wilder, death." He said, holding up his card. They all looked at me.

"The moon." I said. And then we all opened the door and walked inside.