Epilouge

At the end of holidays, the Pevensie siblings find themselves back at the same train station, only now, it is to return to school. Each of them is coping with the situation differently, though, perhaps, Peter was coping with it the worst way. Peter had resorted to fighting, again.

Susan stands solemnly at the newspaper stand.

"You go to Saint Finbar's, right?"

Susan looks up to see a geeky-looking boy in a Hendon House uniform. "That's right." She replies.

"I go to Hendon House. Across the road." He continues. "I've seen you... sitting by yourself."

"Yes, well, I prefer to be left alone." She says, hoping he will take this hint.

"Me too." He agrees, trying his best to find common ground to break the ice.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"Er... Phyllis." She lies.

"Susan!" Lucy calls from across the street, discrediting the false identity. "You'd better come quickly!"

Susan grabs her school bag, and follows Lucy down to where Peter was currently engaged in a fist fight with two other boys, two of Jacob's old henchmen.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" The crowd roars.

Edmund runs to his brother's aid, and begins throwing punches at the older boys.

"Edmund!" Lucy yells.

Peter is thrown to the ground by one of the boys, while the other pinned Edmund to the ground.

"Let me go!" Edmund hollered, watching in horror as the taller boy holds Peter's face to the train tracks.

Peter cries out in agony.

Edmund tackles him and shoves him off of his older brother.

Suddenly, the entire fiasco is interrupted by a whistle, but it isn't a train. He hears the whistles of several policemen.

"Act your age!" One of them shouts at the boys.

'That's harder than you might imagine, as I am a thirty-year-old trapped in the body of a teenager!' Peter thinks.

Edmund casts an amused glance Peter's direction, as they make their way to meet up with girls.

"What was it this time?" Susan asks.

"He bumped me." Peter answers.

"So you hit him?" She asks.

"No. After they bumped me, they tried to make me apologise." Peter explains. "That's when I hit him."

"Really? Is it that hard just to walk away?" She sighs.

"I shouldn't have to. I mean, don't you ever get tired of being treated like a kid?"

"We are kids." Lucy adds.

"Well, I wasn't always. It's been a year." Peter sighs. "How long does He expect us to wait?"

"I think it's time to accept that we live here. It's no use pretending any different." Susan suggests.

"Oh, no. Pretend you're talking to me." The eldest Pevensie sister says frantically as a boy walks by.

"We are talking to you." Edmund retorts.

"Ow!"

"Quiet, Lu." Susan snaps.

"Something pinched me!"

"Stop pulling!" Peter yells.

"I'm not touching you!" Edmund defends.

"Look, would all of you just..." Susan starts exasperatedly. "What is that?"

"It feels like magic." Lucy says delightedly.

"Everyone hold hands!"Susan demands. Everyone, except Edmund, complies with her request.

"I'm not holding your hand!" Edmund refuses.

"Just..." Peter begins.

The lights begin to flicker. The train goes by faster and faster. Paper and debris is flying. The train station walls begin to break and tear apart.

Suddenly, the four Pevensies find themselves standing in a small alcove on a beautiful white beach.

Narnia.

-The End-

Book II of the Pevensie Chronicles

Publishing time: TBD 

The Pevensies have returned from their last adventure in Narnia with Prince (now King) Caspian, and are getting ready for another school year when an old problem resurfaces. Since Peter cannot return to Herndon House, he is not listed as currently enrolled in school. As he is of age, Peter is soon ordered to report to the nearest recruiting station-to go off to war.