Intro

A/N - hi! If you are even reading this, you have no idea how great you are. The Darkest Minds series is amazing and I reccomend you read that before this.
-I think I'll keep most of the story in Ruby's POV, but I'm not positive
Also, I don't own anything, all rights go to Alexandra Bracken
Enjoy!!!

Ruby's POV

     I woke up to my alarm blaring an excessively annoying beeping .
That's not gonna get old.
I got to the edge of my "new" bed, really a queen sized pull out couch, and went to the bathroom to get ready. It was my first day at my new high school in Virginia Beach, and I was REALLY looking forward to it, (note the sarcasm). About a week ago, my parents and I moved in with Grams in her house near the beach. My dad just got laid off and money was tight, so we had to leave Salem right in the middle of my junior year.
     My parents got Grams's spare bedroom, and I got the pull out couch in the basement. The sleeping arrangements weren't HORRIBLE, it was just... New. And seeing that it's almost April, I'm not exactly open to change. I mean, I was doing great in Salem. My best friend Sam and I had all these plans for the end of junior year, and I was going to work at the ice cream shop to gain money for college. But in the blink of an eye, everything changed. Now I'm going to a new school, in a new place, to meet new people.
     Wow

A/N - hey! How did I do? Comment/vote/follow or neither, do whatever you want.
Panda out😜🐼